Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: I wish you couldn't see how many views you've had.  (Read 4429 times)

GypsyRoseLee

I wish you couldn't see how many views you've had.
« on: December 20, 2014, 09:39:48 AM »

I posted last night and I can see that nearly 70 people have read my post but no one has replied  :'( It would be nicer for your self esteem if you didn't know this I think?

babyjane

Re: I wish you couldn't see how many views you've had.
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 09:54:48 AM »

Hi, don't take it personally, there are a lot of people who lurk and don't post. People can look at the forum without registering so I think they wouldn't be able to post any reply. I used to lurk and took comfort from a lot of the posts. It doesn't mean members are ignoring you but if your post isn't relevant to them they will pass by. You will get replies, not always immediately though  :)

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 10:17:33 AM »

I agree with BJ. Guests look at the open topics all the time but can't post. The forum was very quiet last night so perhaps that's the reason you haven't had a reply yet.

Honeyb
x

Ju Ju

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 10:23:52 AM »

I know how you feel, but as BJ says don't take it personally. I tend to only answer those posts where I have something to say. When talking face to face, you can let the other person know you are hearing them and acknowledge whatever the problem is even if you can't help practically or advise. Difficult to do here. I'd be on the forum all day and not living my life if I answered all the posts!!  :o

Kathleen

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 10:38:04 AM »

Hello GypsyRoseLee.

I agree with the other ladies. I usually look on the website as a guest and only sign in and reply when I have time and feel I have something to add.

I understand how you feel though, our self esteem takes a battering at this time in our lives and our self confidence is easily knocked. I am sure you will get the support from the forum that you are looking for, it may take a little time that's all.

Take care and keep posting.

K.

toffeecushion

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 12:33:48 PM »

I would take heart from the fact that someone has viewed your post.  It means they must relate to how you are feeling and that you are not alone.  I for one will read a post similar to how I am feeling and will feel better knowing that others feel the same way.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2014, 10:30:39 PM »

Also there is a time lapse for any Members from across the Pond or in mainland Europe! Also, not all of the 'new threads' are showing on my screen  :-\

Joyce

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2014, 10:34:09 PM »

AW don't feel badly about it, I rarely post on topics I know nothing about. Quiet days happen & posts can get missed. Keep posting though as sure to be someone out there who can give you an answer.

TropicalVon69

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2014, 08:45:03 AM »

Same here too GRL, I raed posts on here for ages without joining and took great comfort in everyones posts before I actually posted anything myself...jst think how much reassurance you are also giving women who read your posts as we go through this meno malarky X

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2014, 05:08:04 PM »

Thank you to everyone for replying  :)

I'm sorry I was feeling so sorry for myself, but I just felt so wretched when I posted. I woke up still feeling dreadful, then just 10 hours later my mood suddenly lifted in less than 15 minutes. The weirdest thing ever. And I have felt completely fine since.

And right now is when I should be ovulating. This has finally proved to me that my issues are hormonal. They must be. For my mood to lift so suddenly, literally in the time it took to drink a cup of tea it has to be chemical/hormonal.

After everyone's really helpful replies I have decided to start HRT. Thank you  :-*