Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: absorbing estrogel  (Read 4631 times)

donnacrichton

absorbing estrogel
« on: December 18, 2014, 08:10:43 AM »

How do I know if I am adsorbing gel. Been putting it on inner thigh and tried shoulders. I am still roasting then yesterday getting shivers. Been doing relaxation and mindfulness. Been at right dose twice but it's disappearing when I've made no change.

Dancinggirl

Re: absorbing estrogel
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 09:00:53 AM »

I know you are using a big dose of Oestrogel (4 pumps?) so I think there is something else going on if you are still getting flushes and shivers.  I am using 2 pumps per day and it's working really well - I apply it every morning to inner thighs. Have you had your thyroid checked?
A colleague at work has to use HRT plus Citalopram alongside to relieve her flushes.
DG x

donnacrichton

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 09:13:06 AM »

I am on 3 pumps and have just applied it to inner thighs. Had been on four but was using it all  in one go that was causing arousal. Since having ovaries shut down symptoms worse they hoped I would get a steady dose. I'm already on amitryptyline  from 3 years ago as they thought tingling was nerves tingling. Twice all symptoms disappeared on 3 pumps but came back once 3 days and once 5 days with no change in doseage confused x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 05:11:23 PM »

I'm afraid you can't expect things to be good all the time - there may be other factors at work that create fluctuations.  Did you say you are being treated with something to shut down your ovaries? Maybe you need to try a different SSRI?  DG x

donnacrichton

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 08:41:33 PM »

Yeah I've been given 3 implants 1 per month to put me into a surgical menopause to see if removing ovaries would be successful. Not going how we had hoped. I have started an anxiety management course online today as felt it was taking over a bit. On three occasions all symptoms disappeared but returned even though no dosage was changed. Not sure if hormones causing anxiety or it's anxiety alone to blame. Not seeing consultant until Wednesday but still flushing and hot. He wanted me to go to 4/5 pumps as only 43. Three days after 1st implant felt great and last week managed to stop the bleeding when I split the dose. Some positives just not sure if anxiety is hormonal