Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Singing exam results  (Read 12464 times)

Dulciana

Re: Singing exam results
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2014, 08:10:57 AM »

I love it when Christmas from one of the Cambridge colleges includes Once In Royal David's City and it starts with the solo boy treble, who is then joined by the choir in full harmony.   :)

Ju Ju

« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2014, 01:31:03 PM »

I've opted out of the rest of the choir's carol singing. It's all too much and I've had it by evening. Still there's always next year. I'll have to watch telly. I have this wonderful recording of a German girls choir, originally recorded in the 1950s. Makes Christmas for me.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2014, 01:32:12 PM »

"I love to go, wandering ….. " sprung straight to mind  ::)  I am not religious but I LOVE singing carols  ;)

oldsheep

« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2014, 06:56:40 PM »

I keep scrolling past this thread and thinking someone is actually singing their exam results as in "you got an AAAAAAA tra la la".
I know, I know, I'm bonkers  ;D

Hurdity

« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2014, 07:39:41 PM »

Why were they making an issue over an 8-part? 

CLKD! Eight part harmony is incredibly difficult - I imagine even for an experienced choir!!! Even more so because some of these women do not read music and also their range is much closer together so even more important that they know their part so they don't wander off into someone elses! This would be less likely ( wandering off your part) in a mixed voice choir... also there are only 100 of them so not that many for each part!

I watched this on i-player and it is one of his better Choir programmes/projects. I found the stories of the military wives very moving and it's a life I know nothing about. Being auditioned from 2000 choir members they are obviously all experienced and good singers but the sound was amazing!

Ditto the Christmas carols CLKD - not religious at all (but was brought up in it) but love to sing them!

Hurdity   :) x

Ju Ju

« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2014, 09:32:31 PM »

Old sheep, I shall have to compose a song tra la la did a!

I shall give my parents the comments from the examiner and the end of term report from my singing teacher to my parents to read. They will make better reading than my old school reports!  ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2014, 09:44:31 PM »

Ju Ju - I hope that they appreciate your Hard Work!

I didn't read music well.  But we were taught early on our parts alone followed by joining it all up.  Seemed natural to me: and switching off my own and listening in to the others was a real buzz. 'wandering off' is a good expression  ;)

Ju Ju

« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2014, 09:56:19 PM »

They want to hear me sing. They haven't heard me since I was a child.

Dulciana

« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2014, 09:56:39 PM »

I keep scrolling past this thread and thinking someone is actually singing their exam results as in "you got an AAAAAAA tra la la".
I know, I know, I'm bonkers  ;D
;D ;D

Dulciana

« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2014, 10:02:23 PM »

Eight part harmony is incredibly difficult - I imagine even for an experienced choir!!! Even more so because some of these women do not read music and also their range is much closer together so even more important that they know their part so they don't wander off into someone elses! This would be less likely ( wandering off your part) in a mixed voice choir... also there are only 100 of them so not that many for each part!

Absolutely, Hurdity!   And Gareth juggling all those parts in his head, too, not just when he's standing in front of the choir but also when he's preparing the music before the rehearsal - well done, him!

BTW, re. the Christmas carols - it's well worth a ponder over some of the words (Hark The Herald, for example............). 
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 10:16:26 PM by Dulciana »

oldsheep

« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2014, 09:40:05 AM »

They want to hear me sing. They haven't heard me since I was a child.

That sounds wonderful. Well done to you for all your hard work. Such a lovely thing to be a part of, and to be good at!
Pages: 1 2 [3]