Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Parked drivers in lay-bys …….  (Read 5674 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Parked drivers in lay-bys …….
« on: December 12, 2014, 05:29:55 PM »

:cuss: who are parked up with lights FULL on …………. this situation almost caused an accident last night  :-\ because it appeared that the vehicle was still on the main carriageway and in the drizzle with other lights all around drivers were suddenly braking.

This evening a neighbour opposite has visitors - they are inside the house having left 2 children in the car, parked the wrong way in the street with head-lights FULL on ……. parked opposite my car which is half-way on the pavement until I can get it safely onto our drive so they haven't even sympathetically stopped.   :kick: ………. parking is at a premium all year round and particularly bad due to the festive season!

honeybun

Re: Parked drivers in lay-bys …….
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2014, 07:05:29 PM »

Difficult....people just don't think. My son had a bump a few weeks ago going out our drive. It was clear when he started and then a stupid old ### pulled up opposite the end of the drive. His fault but mitigating circumstances. She asked me if I was going to put him on the naughty step. I think my face said it all. Hubby removed me before I had time to open my mouth.

Ooooo I could swear so you have my sympathy.

Honeyb
x

Ju Ju

Re: Parked drivers in lay-bys …….
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2014, 07:07:50 PM »

Yes, leaving headlamps on when parked is incredibly dangerous as it blinds oncoming traffic. One of the first fatal accidents that my husband had to attend when he first became a traffic officer was that of someone, who lived in our road. He had stopped to see to an injured badger on the side of the road with his children and was killed by an oncoming car, whose driver was blinded by the headlamps on main beam on the wrong side of the road. Such an unnecessary death and distressing for all concerned.