Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Newish and a bit confused!  (Read 2738 times)

Napnews

Newish and a bit confused!
« on: December 14, 2014, 11:08:36 AM »

Any help would be appreciated! Is it possible that the meno.can make you deel this bad?? Having read lots of posts Im thinking this a rhetorical question. id really appreciate some reassurance though. So ive been to my GP ( who is really good thankfully) with crashing fatigue palpitations back pain and chest pain. The chest pain is constant and doesnt seem to get worse with excertion. Ive had an ecg which was fine but my pulse rate is consistently high. She has referred me for echo cardiogram and 24 hour ecg which is on Wednesday. She has also started me on femostan to see if that has an impact on symptoms. Does this make sense? I was all for not using HRt until i really needed to (?). Im not sleeping , have occassional flushes,mostly at night. Its the tiredness which affects me the most and makes me miserable plus the chest pain and palps make me anxious! Is this just the viscious menopause circle??

Kathleen

Re: Newish and a bit confused!
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 12:16:11 PM »

Hello Napnews and welcome to the forum.

' Is it possible that the meno can make you feel this bad '. You mean you had to ask!  A rhetorical question indeed.

Expert ladies will be along to advise you about HRT in the meantime you can take small comfort from knowing that all you've mentioned sounds meno related and you are in good company on this forum.

Take care and keep posting.

K.

Napnews

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 12:23:08 PM »

Thanks! I think its taken me by surprise :(

Millykin

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 12:38:01 PM »

Hi
All the symtons are normal, I had all you described and had tests done too all ok, I was out on a beta blocker to calm heart down and it did help as I didn't want to take HRT but came off them and started Femoston in April. I have settled well but no bleeds lately may have to try higher dose let us know how it goes with your test
X

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2014, 03:25:19 PM »

Hi and Welcome Napnews
Femoston is a good one to try as the progesterone is kinder so this HRT is well tolerated by many women. Hopefully one of the first things you notice will be better quality sleep and that can make everything feel so much better. Palpations are very typical in meno and the HRT should sort this out.
Good luck  Dg x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2014, 04:06:54 PM »

Welcome.  A drop in oestrogen can cause laxity of muscles which may well be the reason for your chest pain.  At least you have your GP on side.  Browse the menus, left of screen.  Use the search button and ask away!