Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Newbie....Help please...  (Read 3312 times)

salhug

Newbie....Help please...
« on: December 10, 2014, 04:07:21 PM »

Hi, Ive been on elleste duet for 1 year. I had estriol cream prescribed by the Dr for irritation/soreness for 2 weeks, and had pain, but no irritation, The Dr then prescribed vagifem, the pessary for 2 weeks, the pain subsided.
When I stopped, after the 2 weeks, to start using twice a week, I had a bleed. The nurse at the Dr's has told me to stop the elleste, but I daren't...
I'm worried the hot flushes will come back....
She asked me to go today for swabs and an internal, but there were no appointments!
The next available one is on the 19th ... 9 days away.
The nurse seems to have a different vie to the Dr's and I don't know what to do....
Any suggestions gratefully received, as feeling alone n this...
Many thanks,
Sally

Galadriel

Re: Newbie....Help please...
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 04:12:48 PM »

Hi salhug

:welcomemm:

I'm not really up to speed on what might be going on here but I wanted to welcome you to the forum. You're in the right place for advice and hugs.

I'm sure someone will be along soon with some advice. In the meantime, check out the menu to the left of the screen... there's loads of information there.

You're not alone, there's loads of us :hug:

Galadriel x

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 05:12:29 PM »

Hello salhug.

I can't answer your question but there are many lovely and knowledgeable ladies on this site so don't despair.

Take care and welcome to the forum.

K.

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2014, 05:18:32 PM »

Hi salhug

:welcomemm:

Sorry to hear about this.

Depends which Ellese duet you are on?  The peri-menopause ones are supposed to give a bleed, the Elleste Duet conti is a no-bleed type. if so is this the first time you have had a bleed?

I agree it is good to be checked out but you don't need to stop the HRT - after all you have been using it for a year.

Also do continue to use the Vagifem twice a week - I know it's difficult when you are bleeding but it does stick to the vaginal wall so hopefully some will be absorbed into the vaginal tissues. After the two week loading schedule very little is absorbed into the bloodstream anyway - and even when you first start this would be a minute amount and since you are taking estradiol anyway this tiny amount extra shouldn't make any difference.

Is it a proper bleed like a period? There are all sorts of reasons for bleeding including cervix etc - or could it be trauma caused by the applicator or if your vaginal tissues were very thin?

Hope this helps

Hurdity x

salhug

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2014, 06:31:52 PM »

Thank you for the welcoming replies!
I'm on Elleste duet 1mg and Vagifem 10 mg.
the bleed was for 3 days n stopped. It was like a period and coincided with stoping the 2 weeks of pessaries.
I don't feel confident about stopping completely as I'm not yet 49...
Thank you again...
Sallyx

Lizzy V

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2014, 11:24:49 PM »

Hello Salhug
Maybe you could ask for a telephone consultation with the Dr if you can't get an appointment? Then you could at least get some answers and reassurance more quickly. Definitely worth a try!
I've used the vagifem and found it worked well though I wasn't on hrt at the time. I didn't have any problems with it. I've also had Elleste duet, though not the conti one and had painful bleeds every month, so probably I'm not being very helpful here :o !
Good Luck
Lizzy x

salhug

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2014, 09:34:10 AM »

Ah, thank you Lizzy.
I guess me big question is, what are my options?
The nurse talked about HRT that brings on a monthly bleed, but I don't understand that..
But she said stop altogether n see what happens... that's what scares me... :(

honeybun

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2014, 09:38:58 AM »

As you are 49 you should be on a sequi HRT probably. This gives you a monthly period. You most likely have some of your own hormones kicking in still and that could have been enough to give you a slight bleed.

Best of course to get it checked out.

Had you been without a period for long before you started HRT ?

Honeyb
x

salhug

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2014, 01:16:30 PM »

Hi Honeyb, thank you for your reply.
I was on Cerazette pill, therefore didn't have periods...just a bit of spotting 3/4 times a year. I was told to continue with that for a year, to make sure... I stopped that in september,as was getting bad headaches, which have stopped BUT it's since stopping that ive had more problems! It's driving me mad  :'(