Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: New here  (Read 2762 times)

Cristina

New here
« on: December 08, 2014, 01:01:49 PM »

Hi, new to the forum thanks for adding me! I hope I'm posting this in the right place. I am 44 and in the throes of it all, insomnia, sweats, the lot. This has been going on for a year and I thought I would just put up with it but then I completely stopped being able to sleep in July this year. I am now on HRT Elleste Duet for the past couple of weeks but I seem to be getting worse not better. The sweats are more regular! Is this normal? All the doctor says is 'give it time' but due to my age I was sort of put through the ringer to get on it (several rounds of bloods etc). I know it's only been a couple of weeks but I am so tired I don't have an awful lot of patience just now!! Hopefully someone will be able to give me some hope!

babyjane

Re: New here
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 01:51:57 PM »

Hi Cristina just wanted to welcome you. I don't use HRT but I have had bouts of insomnia and I know how debilitating it can be when you just can't fall asleep, or keep waking up all the time. It affects everything else you do and how you feel.

Someone else will be along before long to talk to you about HRT and reassure you. This forum is a great place for answers and support.  :welcomemm:

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 04:03:42 PM »

Hi Cristina and welcome to MM
If you are still peri menopausal then your own hormones will fluctuate and this will make your symptoms increase or dip at various times.
I'm afraid it is about giving your body time to let things settle with the HRT.
If you find the progesterone part of Elleste doesn't suit you then I'd suggest you try Femoston as the progesterone is a kinder version.
Keep posting.  Dg x

Millykin

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 03:35:39 PM »

I'm peri meno too and first tried elleste duet, made things worse. I asked for Femoston after reading up on here. Been on it 7 months and things have settled nicely, hope you get sorted soon
M x

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, 08:43:49 PM »

Hi Cristina  :welcomemm:

Hurdity x

TropicalVon69

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2014, 09:39:27 AM »

Hi Cristina, welcome   :foryou:.....gave you tried magnesium for sleep?...had a rough few months but seem to help....I takr magnesium, calcium, vit d, b6, b12, multivitamin, primrose and fish oil, seem to help a bit...hope it settles for you xxx

Cristina

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2014, 10:13:45 AM »

Thank you for your replies! There still hasn't been any improvement but I will try the magnesium and see if that helps. I was taking Menopace with herbs but stopped when I started the HRT. Maybe I'll go back on that as it has a lot of the things mentioned in it. Going to my Mum's for Christmas and the house is always at a toasty 35 degrees, so that should be fun LOL.  :o