Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Christmas Day breakfast  (Read 12168 times)

hanging.on.in.there

Re: Christmas Day breakfast
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2014, 12:52:28 PM »

It's got to be scrambled egg, smoked salmon and champagne x

Dulciana

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2014, 01:14:31 PM »

Warm, crusty brown rolls filled with THE BEST smoked bacon I can find, THE BEST coffee I can find, - oh yes, and clementine juice.   And eaten/drunk against a background of Bach's Christmas Oratorio.   :)

« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 01:16:58 PM by Dulciana »

karin

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2014, 01:17:20 PM »

Its obvious that its  not what you eat that counts, its the tradition and meaning that it has to each of us that is important !! I love christmas!!

Joyce

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2014, 02:04:04 PM »

Last year at son's we had toast, then spread main meal throughout the rest of the day. Starters were hams at around 12. Mains at about 4 then dessert at 6. We were still stuffed.

Rowan

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2014, 02:26:31 PM »

I think Dulciana's Christmas breakfast appeals to me the most  :)

Joyce

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2014, 03:21:17 PM »

I've sourced dairy free croissants & pains au chocolat. Sorted!  :)

Hurdity

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2014, 08:38:16 PM »

We don't have breakfast on Christmas Day! I know I must eat something to keep me going. We usually have plenty of croissants and nice fruit etc in the house over Xmas so I expect I would have something like that but the offspring (grown-up) usually eat chocs and nibbles etc from stockings mid morning by the time they're up. We always have grilled grapefruit with brown sugar as a starter for the Xmas Dinner  - and this is massive so usually don't eat the pud until 6 pm or something!

We do the scrambled eggs and smoked salmon on toasted brioche on Xmas Eve breakfast because it's my husband's birthday..... it goes on all morning as folks get up at different times!

Ooh Taz you have stockings - we two (parents) don't have them but I do them for all offspring and partners who are staying so that's five. I think we stopped doing them for each other by the time first child arrived and she's 29!  I'd really like one - must have a chat to my husband!

Hurdity x

purplenanny

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2014, 08:57:30 PM »

Gosh, I might just have to add chocolate now, for after my scrambled eggs. 

My boys always used to eat their chocs and Satsuma from their xmas stockings for breakfast!

Interesting breakfasts ladies!  :)

Joyce

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2014, 10:25:46 PM »

If it was chocolate with chilli would that count as one of your 5 a day?  ;D

honeybun

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2014, 10:52:29 PM »

It certainly does CG  ;D

Honeyb
x

Taz2

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2014, 11:38:50 PM »

Yes Hurdity - I always had a stocking from my mum and dad even when they were in their eighties and I've always done them for my mum and dad (once I got to around 16) and my husband and sons. This year I have to add a fiancee into the mix as well. The stockings are actually socks in the good old-fashioned way which are picked out on Christmas Eve and they lay them on their beds just like when they were little. My husband does one for me. We usually end up with "over-flow bags" as well because I tend to forget how much I've bought. It's really difficult to find new things though after doing them for over thirty years!!!

Taz x

Dulciana

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2014, 11:09:37 AM »

My excuse for stoking up with Christmas Day breakfast is that I need all those calories for going out and playing for the morning service, after playing for the midnight one.  Doesn't half make me hungry for the main meal, too.  As my grandfather used to say - "The odour of sanctity has given me an appetite!"   ::)

Joyce

« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2014, 11:39:17 AM »

;D ;D ;D

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2014, 01:39:29 PM »

My Dad always used to make us a cup of tea first thing with a splash of whisky in it - have continued the tradition :)  DH had a shock the first time I gave it to him, I'd forgotten to tell him about the whisky!  Then after taking the hounds out for a nice walk somewhere we'll come back to scrambled egg with smoked salmon - yum  :)

Dyan

« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2014, 03:46:08 PM »

We all sit down and have a family full English with potato hash, mushrooms and tropicana orange juice.
It's a treat for us as we don't normally have breakfast together or a full English, only once a year.
Dinner/lunch- dinner in my part of the country,is usually later than we would normally have it.
Then we open the choccies.
Pages: 1 [2] 3