Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: The journey never ends!!  (Read 2976 times)

jasmine5

The journey never ends!!
« on: December 07, 2014, 06:48:31 PM »

Hi Ladies

I just wanted to update everyone on my journey so far in the hope that someone can help me see some light at the end of the tunnel! 

I've taken Estrodot 50 and Utrogestan 100 for the past three or so years with no problems as such then a few months ago experienced a period-like bleed.  Gp referred me for a vaginal scan where my womb lining was found to measure 4.8 mm and normal.  Went for the results and Dr offered me a sort of scrape of the womb lining to send away for tests as apparently the lining should be no more than 4.  I received a letter two weeks later stating that it was benign and everything was normal.  A month later I received an appointment letter for a hysteroscopy.

When I saw Consultant last Tuesday he wondered why I was there as all tests so far were normal.  After discussing my issues including vaginal dryness and soreness he advised me to go ahead with the hysteroscopy and he would sort out my dryness problems - Deal!!   He was also quite suprised that I was on Utrogestan 100 as this is for ladies who still have bleeds and said that this is why I probably had one also.  I was equally as gobsmacked as this regime was actually prescribed by the Menopause Clinic!

Anyway everything appeared normal again and he gave me a prescription for Evorell 50 patches and Vagifem cream.  Well lo and behold as soon as I started nserting the cream at night Ive had another bloody discharge again!!!  I feel fed up now and can't be bothered to return to Gp as Ive been told all is ok. 

I would just like to know if anyone else has had these problems?

honeybun

Re: The journey never ends!!
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 07:51:18 PM »

Sorry to hear you are having problems.

Do you mean Vagifem pessaries, never heard of cream. What are you using as a progesterone now if you have stopped Utrogestan?
Sorry probably reading your post wrong.
It really depends on how long in the month you use utrogestan. If it's every day then you won't get a bleed, if it's for half the month then you will.

Honeyb
x

jasmine5

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 08:28:52 PM »

Oh my goodness, sorry you are correct just checked and its actually Ovestin cream!!!!

I was using the Utrogestan 100 for 25 out of 28 days a month but now apparently the Evorell patches contain both eostrogen and progesterone so just need to swop them twice weekly.  It seems a lot easier so fingers crossed that they agree with me and don't turn me into some sort of she-devil as some of the other preparations have!!!

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2014, 08:30:11 PM »

Just to add that Utrogestan 100 mg is prescribed normally for women who do not have bleeds ie it is for continuous use. However there is a 3 day break even under this regime which is odd for a continuous combined regime. Many women actually take it every day.

The licensed dose for women having a bleed is 200 mg - but as they have stopped making the 200 mg capsules ( for HRT) then doctors need to prescribe 2 x 100 mg capsules nightly for 12 days out of 28. There is still a problem I think with the patient information leaflet but not ads far as i recall, with the SPC which is what doctors should be using or the equivalent on their system.

As honeybun says - if you took it for half the month then you might expect to get a bleed.

Hurdity x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2014, 08:31:11 PM »

Why if your previous regime was working was it changed  :-\ if everything was within normal limits?

honeybun

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2014, 09:02:49 PM »

So your patches are Evorel Conti.   Yes ?

That means no period. These are the ones that I use quite successfully.

Honeyb
x

jasmine5

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2014, 09:28:43 PM »

CLKD - the Consultant said that the regime "didn't sound right"!  He gave me the impression that he thought the the three day gap was causing me to have a bleed which may have been the case, but if so its the first time in three years that this has happened! 

Yes they are Evorel Conti.  I hope they stick as well as Estradot!!!!

Jas. x