Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Morning anxiety anyone?  (Read 17754 times)

Millykin

Re: Morning anxiety anyone?
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2014, 01:37:25 PM »

Jedigirl Had a one day bleed few weeks ago at end of oestrogen tablets, wrong time but felt ok so .... GP said ok if I don't bleed but if I want go to 2/10 but I'm fine so I'll leave that till I feel I need higher dose. Looking back to 2010/2011 I was only taking a period every 3 months now it's every 6ish.
X

jedigirl

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2014, 02:21:09 PM »

Millykin, sounds like you're doing well and happy with your choices. That's about what we hope for really isn't it. Glad for you  :)
CLKD feel for you, anxiety is horrible and we all have to find our strategies for it. Keep strong, it's amazing how strong we are. Hugs  :)

jedigirl

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2014, 02:35:14 PM »

CLKD just had a thought, don't know whether its your thing or not but have you tried guided meditation? There's a fabulous free app for tablets or mobiles called Qi Gong meditation. You can find it on Google Play store. Its helped me to calm my anxiety during its worst times. xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2014, 05:09:18 PM »

:thankyou: but I've been through the CB-type therapies, relaxation tapes, the only thing that helped in the 1990s was talking therapy.

When I'm fine I could take on the World - when my gut churns, that's it ………  :'( and always worse at this time of year.  It is the physicality that always shocks me  :-\

Machair

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2014, 07:56:49 PM »

I have had this in spells and it is dreadful. Affects my bowels as well when it happens. I know it is hormones as stress wakes me up - often sweating in the early morning 5-6am. I have been much better lately, but then again my periods returned after 11 months so suspect hormones are in a more stable pattern for now.

babyjane

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2014, 08:50:01 PM »

yes I get this at times. No pattern or reason it just is. When I get it I also go to the toilet easily. On the days I don't wake up with it I struggle to 'go'. Funny old do isn't it? Makes no sense at all to me  ???

jedigirl

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2014, 10:44:14 PM »

Thanks all for your replies, its so comforting to hear your views. We will battle on!  Sleep tight all xxx

Meg

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2014, 03:26:13 AM »

Absolutley know what you mean about the morning anxiety, which can often go on longer.  Must be to do with adrenaline or cortisol levels.  Seems to be coming from the middle like internal shaking.  Surely the fight or flight response, would love to wake up without this horrible sensation which to my mind is 100% hormones. Did not have this when I had periods.

Meg

jedigirl

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2014, 07:55:46 AM »

Yes Meg, I'm lucky if mine goes before teatime but its such a relief when it eases. I only manage to eat well on an evening it affects me so much. It is a strange sensation, hard to describe if you don't have it. It seems centred in my chest and arms but upsets my stomach and bowels too. I feel shaky and find it hard to settle to things. Am hoping today is a good day as the kids want to get Christmas decorations up! Thanks for chat x

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2014, 10:26:48 AM »

Mine's centred immediately below my belly button ……… I immediately feel sick.  Can't eat.  Even though my brain is telling me that my body is hungry  :-\ ……… I've had this since age 3 and still can't get my head around it!

sharon1958

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2014, 01:21:34 PM »

Another sufferer here I'm afraid - somewhat reassuring knowing I'm not alone! Currently not on HRT as was told to come off it after 7 years so trying to see how I get on for the time being. I find that Propranolol (beta blocker) helps with the anxiety a bit - one 10mg tab calms things down a lot and even the herbal remedy Kalms aren't bad. My symptoms are more palpitations than stomach churning. Agree it is a horrible feeling though but I try to tell myself that it will pass.

Sharon

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2014, 04:19:40 PM »

I get the hot water feeling through my veins too ….

jedigirl

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2014, 04:52:41 PM »

Sharon, you're definitely not alone. Its a horrible feeling, so annoying to not be in control of your anxieties. I know there's no real reason for it but telling my body that is a different matter! I think it helps to know it does pass so we can comfort ourselves with that when feeling at our worst. X

toffeecushion

« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2014, 04:58:52 PM »

I find it hard to convince myself it will pass.  No matter how many times it happens it just doesn't get any easier.

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2014, 05:03:42 PM »

No Toffeecushion - I remember a Psychologist telling me to 'remember how you felt on a good day'  >:( ….. if it were that easy would we suffer panic attacks ?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4