Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: How's your 2014 been?  (Read 10142 times)

Dulciana

How's your 2014 been?
« on: December 05, 2014, 10:48:51 PM »

When 2014 began, I had a feeling it was going to go like the wind.  And I was right - it has done.  It started in January with part 2 of the exam for the organ qualification I've now got.  In April we lost our beloved little puss cat. Then our church organ renovation was completed in the spring. Then came the organisation of three big events in May, July and September, to celebrate this, including a recital by Yours Truly (huge amounts of prep. for that one).  Then came my trip to the Far East in October to look after my elderly Dad and make sure he was okay.  Then came a choir concert at our church, just a couple of weeks ago, with lots of organ accompaniment for me to learn up. And I carried on teaching while all this was happening.   It's been an absolutely fantastic year.  Now I feel spent, puggled and worn out, I find it hard to get down to things and my get-up-and-go has almost got up and gone.   I get stroppy too often with my poor Hubby, irritated by other people, easily upset and overwhelmed by things.  But life goes on...........Christmas music next!   I'm wondering - how's your 2014 been??
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 10:58:24 PM by Dulciana »

Joyce

Re: How's your 2014 been?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 10:58:49 PM »

Started off OK, then hit with bombshell in March, which has affected most of the rest of the year if I'm honest. 2015 can only be better!

Dulciana

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 11:02:30 PM »

I really hope 2015 is better for you, Cubagirl. 
 :foryou:

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 11:04:39 PM »

Sorry, didn't mean to be maudlin, but I hope so too. Like they say, things can only get better.

Hattie

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, 11:26:31 AM »

Do you really want to know Dulciana ? - is this a thread so that we can all get to know each other on the forum a bit better ?

Some people write their year in xmas cards to us - i find it often difficult to respond in the same way.

Hattie X

honeybun

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2014, 12:20:59 PM »

Ups and downs, good and not so good so much like any other year. The year started well. My son who had started his own business and then gone bankrupt and then been unemployed for a year decided the time had come to get a job. He did, swiftly followed by a car and a flat so that was great.

Mother has been mother for another year.

30th wedding anniversary was lovely and our summer holiday was great.

The usual health issues and stresses.

I always look forward in hope, so here's hoping for a good year ahead.

Honeyb
x

Ju Ju

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2014, 01:14:10 PM »

Well I started the year in hospital, following a mild virus, which my asthma joined in and a chest infection. But every cloud has a silver lining for following copious amounts of ABs, actually started to feel better than I had done for some time after a prolonged period of recovery. Saw a gynaecologist, started HRT and felt even more healthy after a hiccup or 2. Lost 2 stones in weight and look so much better. Downside is I now have gallstones. (Seeing a consultant on Monday at long last.)

My son graduated as a paramedic in the USA and is now working. His wife is pregnant. My daughter is happy, despite struggling financially and I get to look after my gorgeous grandson.

I performed in a panto as a dog. Was woof perfect! No words to learn, even better. Have sung with my choirs and taken another singing grade. Carried on with voluntary work. Looking forward to a relaxed Christmas.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2014, 01:21:36 PM »

Good thread!

The usual anxiety in the run-up to C.mas/New Year. Add to that my 60th birthday  :-*   Once that was over I could relax.  DH and I went out and about, either on day trips, fishing trips or several nights away, all in our camper.  All OK until mid-October when anxiety took over - again  :-\ ……. so now taking half a day at a time.

Ju Ju

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2014, 02:28:01 PM »

Oh yes I was 60 this year too! Obviously hasn't made a big impression on me ! ::)

Dulciana

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2014, 03:05:50 PM »

Do you really want to know Dulciana ? - is this a thread so that we can all get to know each other on the forum a bit better ?Hattie X

Just wanted to share, Hattie and give others the chance to do likewise.  :)

babyjane

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2014, 03:42:52 PM »

the highlight of our year was our beautiful daughter's wedding day. The rest of the year pales around that  :)

Dulciana

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2014, 04:47:05 PM »

How lovely, babyjane!

babyjane

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2014, 08:38:04 PM »

thank you Dulciana, yes it was  :)

honeybun

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2014, 08:52:23 PM »

Maybe one day I will get to do that BJ. Not yet as my daughter is only 20 but I can live in hope.....can't I  ;D

Really glad that was the highlight of your year.

Honeyb
x

babyjane

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2014, 08:55:14 PM »

of course you can hope  :) . Our daughter was still at university at 20. So much has happened in 8 years.
Pages: [1] 2