Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Gadgets and Gizmos  (Read 9235 times)

honeybun

Re: Gadgets and Gizmos
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2014, 07:39:49 PM »

I have a friend who is like that Bramble. Her and her hubby have his and her tool boxes  ;D

I have an egg poacher. I can boil or scramble an egg but my poached eggs are rubbish. It's been used......twice...in three years  ;D

I'm the same BJ. I can go through loads of eggs and bread when my two are home.

Honeyb
x

thorntrees

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2014, 08:04:02 PM »

I wouldn't be without my egg boiler, apart from doing its job of boiling eggs soft,medium or hard it also buzzes and switches off when done. I know this doesn't very technical but I had a habit of putting eggs in a pan to boil and then forgetting about them until they boiled dry and burnt out the pan!😣. DH makes all our bread so the bread maker is used lots as is the toaster but the sandwich maker and liquidiser languish in the cupboard I'm afraid. We do use our yoghurt maker a lot though.

Thorntrees

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2014, 08:33:19 PM »

Our home grown eggs NEVER cracked when boiled!

Hurdity

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2014, 09:00:11 PM »

Oo-er what a lot of gadgets!

Well we have a liquidiser/grinder that we've had since we got married ( wedding present from my husband's parents) - the grinder is now held together with gaffer tape round the lid thing but it still works! The seal round the liquidiser has perished bit it still works! This gets used a lot.  We have a foodprocessor - bought 21 years ago when expecting 4th child - this gets used a lot too and is also getting a bit old but still works!!! Why replace things unnecessarily!

The toaster we had was from husband's mother and still had a fabric flex. It finally gave up the ghost so replaced it with one exactly the same ( maybe from the 70's?) but in brand new condition fromn the British Heart Foundation shop (recycling!).

We got a breadmaker from the village jumble sale which packed up after a few years and we have replaced it recently ( late birthday present for me) as we live in a village with no shop and sometimes run out of bread. We use it all the time.

Yogurt maker and sandwich toaster used to get used all the time when children were at home but now don't. Yougurt maker maybe has now gone to jumble ( or is somewhere out of sight!). Sandwich toaster (small) languishes on a work surface...

Oh yes - egg whisk hand beater thing for cakes and egg whites - have had this for 25 years ro more - bit noisy but still works. Hardly ever make cakes now children have more or less gone. Don't have a microwave.

Can't think of anything else? Don't want anything either. Coffee we use a hand thing cafetiere - makes delicious coffee - who needs a machine?  ;D

Prefer to be low tech!

Hurdity x
Pages: 1 [2]