Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Life plan?  (Read 10213 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Life plan?
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2014, 03:06:12 PM »

Off to begin another thread [if I remember between here and there  ;D ]

letting go

babyjane

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2014, 04:14:59 PM »

Ju ju you are fortunate, when I feel unwell and unable to manage or do what others have come to expect, I get accused of being lazy at worst by certain family member and at best I get ignored until I am up and running again. I never hear the words 'what can I do' 'how can I help'  :'(

This is my legacy for always being a control freak and doing everything because of my impossibly high standards trying to earn approval from one who was never going to approve. To be hones they probably don't offer help because I would think it wasn't good enough. I am my own worst enemy.

Sorry, off to look for CLKD new thread............

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2014, 04:16:37 PM »

Half way there though, you recognise why 'they' don't offer etc.  ;)

Ju Ju

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2014, 06:45:02 PM »

Oh BabyJane, I have so been there! It is my reset button, but I had to take a  step back from myself. I praised every effort to help. I just had to let go. Being in that position was good for me and maybe for my family. Just praise every effort that slightly approximates what I aim for. It's amazing how people respond when they feel appreciated. I know how I feel when I feel appreciated. I want to do more.

babyjane

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2014, 06:50:12 PM »

Thanks Ju, so much I want to say but feel vulnerable as this is open to the internet but thank you for your wise words x

Ju Ju

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2014, 07:19:37 PM »

Start a new thread in private lives?

Judith57

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2014, 08:32:23 PM »

Babyjane, my post wasn't really meant lightheartedly, more as a sobering thought. However much we feel we are in control of our lives sometimes things happen that are completely beyond our control and de-rail our plans completely. I certainly didn't want to make anyone feel that they were being slapped in the face.

When I was living in New York I went to see Quentin Crisp giving a talk in Central Park and I remember very clearly his comment on dusting.

Judith

babyjane

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2014, 09:35:13 PM »

dear Judith, this is when I dislike the typed word, it can be so stark. When I said it slapped me in the face, I meant what you said spoke directly to me and pulled me up short. I apologise if my terminology seemed flippant.

Judith57

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2014, 10:12:44 PM »

Aaaaahhhh ok I see, makes more sense now  :)

Rowan

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2014, 09:41:52 AM »

I like the version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAJYk1jOhzk

Let It Go - Frozen - Alex Boyé (Africanized Tribal Cover) Ft. One Voice Children's Choir

rosebud57

« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2014, 10:13:05 AM »

I think it's good to have a plan so long as it's not set in stone.  None of us know what is round the corner or what each day will bring so best to keep it loose.  I try and live in the moment but it's not always easy.  Worries and stresses have a habit of creeping in.

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2014, 10:40:04 AM »

So true Rosebud  :-\
Pages: 1 [2]