Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Hair Loss in Menopause  (Read 20710 times)

Lynne888

Re: Hair Loss in Menopause
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2014, 02:36:00 PM »

It could be the vagifem. It's the only other thing I take that I haven't fully eliminated. Initially it was discussed on here that the list of side effects for vagifem was just the legal required list for all HRT but that not being as strong as most HRT it most likely wouldn't cause those issues.  I've taken vagifem for a while now. The estring actually caused me to have worse interstitial cystitis so I had to come off it. It worries me what I would have because I suffered for years with frequent urination and it's only been since vagifem that things have been *normal*.  Yes you are right, the vagifem causes me to have a thickened lining (even though it's said that it can't!) I take Provera for that. I always bleed after taking procure so it indicates that the lignin IS thick.
The itching is unbearable today so it clearly isn't the original BP tablet causing it. I am itching all over, scalp, arms, legs, inside ears etc etc. I feel I'm losing my mind, it's driving me demented. I've taken antihistamines this past few days but it hasn't even touched it.  I've now convinced myself it's a liver problem because if you google generalised itching, liver problems come up and it says hair loss is also a side effect of liver problems. Whether this would come up on a routine blood test I don't know. I know kidneys do. I haven't heard anything about the bloods that were taken last Monday.  I've tried to speak to my GP today but she's on holiday until next Thursday. I've made an appointment for then.  It is only recently that the itching has been as bad as this (and the hair loss for that matter)

I'm not sure the scalp psoriasis  would cause generalised itching?  My head is definitely itching the worst even though the psoriasis is only in the middle of my scalp.  I don't know if the normal skin elsewhere on my body would itch with this. My guess is not!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 02:40:41 PM by Lynne888 »

Jenna

Re: Hair Loss in Menopause
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2014, 02:54:28 PM »

Hi Lynne,

I am so sorry to hear about the intolerable itching.  As you say, it would probably be best to ask your GP about your liver concerns and have the relevant blood tests, if you have not already had those done.

I agree with you - I don't think your scalp problem would cause itching elsewhere, unless of course the problem is spreading, but not showing itself yet. I am only guessing here, but I really hope that you can get it sorted out - it must be such a nightmare.

Please let us know how you get on.

Wishing you all the best.

Jenna x
Pages: 1 2 [3]