Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Proper shoes and boots  (Read 9436 times)

hanging.on.in.there

Proper shoes and boots
« on: November 29, 2014, 12:56:39 PM »

I'm looking for a brand of footwear that makes anatomically correct leather shoes and boots that look modern and allow your foot, ankle, knee and hip to work as they should do.   I do a lot of walking generally every day, but am not looking for typical walking boots etc.

Yep at that age !

Having said that, I would sacrifice health for beauty overall, I love my heels !

Joyce

Re: Proper shoes and boots
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 01:20:15 PM »

Fitflops do various ranges including shoes & boots. I have the original fitflops, they are really comfortable.

hanging.on.in.there

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 01:37:02 PM »

Thanks- anyone tried Rieker ( german brand) ?

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2014, 02:00:34 PM »

No, but Josef Seibel are really comfortable too. Think they are also German & a good bit cheaper than Fitflops.

rosebud57

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2014, 02:02:53 PM »

Hotters.  Really comfortable and they now do lots of real nice styles.

Hattie

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2014, 02:04:21 PM »

I bought some Reiker 'pull on shoes' to wear with jeans a few years ago - they are quite stylish and these were light on my feet.

They were an impulse buy though and a bit too pointed in the toe so i sold them on Ebay for a good price too !

Hattie X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2014, 04:48:17 PM »

Companies that sell walking shoes/boots often measure feet and most seem to have a walk way to check for stability around foot, ankle, instep.  i.e. Cotswold walking, also try a shop which sells running shoes and ask for advice on how a shoe should be built.

Scampi

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2014, 08:58:04 AM »

I have flat, wide arthritic feet and LOVE my Hotter shoes and boots!  I've even got a couple of pairs of heels, something I never thought I would wear again (not high heels - only a couple of inches, but heels nevertheless).  They are not cheap (the boots I have on today were £120!), but they last AGES and are SOOO comfortable.

oldsheep

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2014, 04:14:53 PM »

I can never find shoes or boots to fit so wear stability trainers a lot. I need some proper boots to wear with a skirt or dress too. I have one 10 year old lace up Mephisto pair and a pair of sheepskin boots, that's all.
I have narrow feet and ankles and have some or other (forget name) progressive, painful condition of the underside of the toe that I inherited from my mum (who had a cupboard full of ill fitting shoes.... ::))
so I can't do leather soles or thin soles or after 5 mins it feels like lit cigarettes held against the underside of the toe, and I can't do wide shoes or boots.

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2014, 04:17:55 PM »

I stopped wearing boots because they make my calves and feet cold  :o and I've had some smashing looking pairs in the past. 

Walking shops do 'winter' boots, with fur in and everything  ::)

oldsheep

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2014, 04:19:58 PM »

I need something smarter I think. Pity  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2014, 04:22:02 PM »

Oh these are smart enough ………  ;) but with all the fur my feet would still be cold …...

Dyan

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2014, 04:34:55 PM »

I wear Hotter boots & shoes.
Just ordered a new pair of shoes for the up coming parties.

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2014, 04:37:17 PM »

With glittery heels then  :D

babyjane

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2014, 07:08:32 PM »

I was going to say Hotter too. I don't buy anything else now although I do have a couple of pairs of Moshulu.

Hotter are not cheap so I don't have a lot of pairs, one summer pair, one lace up walking shoe for winter, one pair of their trainers and a pair of boots, oh and a pair with kitten heels that I bought for daughter's wedding.

I would rather have a few pairs of Hotter than a cupboard full of cheaper shoes. They fit perfectly every time even with my bunion, and are made in England so no cheap labour being exploited :)