Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Toilet seat up or down  (Read 8663 times)

honeybun

Toilet seat up or down
« on: November 27, 2014, 09:15:46 PM »

After an argument in my house tonight with daughter giving her brother hard time about not putting the seat down.

It got quite heated with hubby putting his opinion in about it.

I really had to bite my tongue as I know I can't win with this one.

Should men put the seat down after they have been or should we put it up.

What happens in your house and what's polite.

Honeyb
x

ariadne

Re: Toilet seat up or down
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 09:32:50 PM »

I hate toilet seats being left up. The sight of a toilet seat left up disgusts me slightly  :sick02:
However, my husband leaves it up and I've given up asking him to close it as he can't see a problem with it so I guess the problem is mine.

What I really hate is the odd occasion when visiting the loo at night, I sit down without realising the seat is up and sit on the rim  :cuss:

Ariadne xx

Limpy

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 09:33:44 PM »

I feel men should put the seat down.
In our house - OH does put the seat down.
Well, I'me assuming it's him, if not it's the toilet seat fairy...........

ariadne

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 09:39:10 PM »

Logic tells me that as it has a lid, it's meant to be closed and as it can't be closed unless the seat is down ........

Ariadne xx

Rowan

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2014, 09:51:17 PM »

OH has always put the seat down after use never known him not too. Something I have never thought about before and I can understand how annoying it would be if he didn't.

We are talking about the seat not the lid?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 09:53:45 PM by silverlady »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2014, 09:55:42 PM »

The seat and lid should be replaced after use.  Makes the room look tidy …. [I hate those buying homes programmes where the crew don't put them down before filming  ::) ]   â€¦â€¦.

There is a shouting match here if the seat is left up 'cos that porcelain is cold in the night  ::).  I ask men to sit at night too, to prevent sudden blood pressure drop = sudden death . 

It should be put down.  At least we haven't got to contend with those fluffy lid covers  ;D …….

honeybun

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2014, 10:17:44 PM »

Hubby generally does but defends his right not to  ::). Son does not and it drives my daughter nuts.

Hubby if he goes in the night does not put the light on so I presume he sits down. As I am last in the loo at night perhaps I should leave the seat up. That would teach him.

Oh it did get heated earlier......men....who would have them.

Honeyb
x

Joyce

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2014, 10:20:18 PM »

I made it clear from when we first got married that seat should be down! I detest it being up. It has occasionally been left up by himself, but very rarely.

Don't put light on in our loo either during the night as street light shines straight in our bathroom window giving enough light for a quick wee.  ;)

purplenanny

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2014, 11:04:40 PM »

I hate the lid being left up, it just seems wrong and yukky somehow

Hubby always put it down, as do our two sons and 4 grandsons

I agree re the tv programmes CLKD, first thing I notice!  and why do they leave their shoes on when viewing houses >:(   sorry, off topic!!

PN x x

Taz2

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2014, 12:06:16 AM »

I don't mind whichever way it is. I would hate to have to keep lifting up the lid and then the seat if I were a man. The lids are rarely down on our toilets. I leave the seat down though and they leave it up! No right or wrong way really. I have taught them that if they have a stomach bug then the lid must always be down before they flush it though to stop air contamination as much as possible.

Taz x

Ju Ju

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2014, 08:12:56 AM »

This is not something that has come up (no pun intended!) in our household. I think I would get very annoyed, but hubby obviously came housetrained. Thank you, MIL.  ::)

holidaylover

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2014, 10:58:20 AM »

two men in our house so I gave up ages ago.  If I ask then to put it down it tends to get slammed down!  Must admit though to being caught out a couple times in the middle of the night when I haven't noticed that both the lid and the cover has been down!!  That doesn't half wake you up! :o

babyjane

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2014, 11:31:51 AM »

when my husband replaced our toilet seat last year it was a bit too big from front to back with the result that the lid will stay up by iitself but not the lid and seat together, it falls back down. So the question no longer arises as our toilet seat can't be left up. However before this he would leave the seat up and the door open. As our bathroom is downstairs I used to hate passing by and seeing the toilet gaping at me  >:(

The trouble is that he can no longer go to the toilet with the seat up as he can't hold the seat up and hold....... :-X  so has been trained to wipe round the seat before leaving the bathroom  ::)

Joyce

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2014, 11:48:22 AM »

;D ;D

Oh dear me, our men. When we got our new bathroom put in we asked for avsoft closing lid. It closes so quietly. Only problem is, I forget when I'm elsewhere & bang the lid.  ::)

Ju Ju

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2014, 12:37:04 PM »

I've one of those! I still love letting it gracefully fall. Doesn't take much to please me does it?  :o The other loo has a normal lid, so I haven't got into the habit of letting it fall.
Pages: [1] 2