Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Moving from Prempak to Femoston  (Read 3703 times)

DebsMK

Moving from Prempak to Femoston
« on: November 27, 2014, 02:29:11 PM »

Firstly, I would like to say hello.  I have been lurking here for a while and feel so grateful for information from women going through the menopause rather than stark medical facts and advice from clinical professional websites.  :)

I have been on Prempak c for 3 months, but over the last week or so have started to have palpitations.  I visited my GP to ask to change the Prempak and to get the palpitations checked out.  I now have a prescription for Femoston 1/10 and the nurse has taken bloods and given me an ECG.  On returning home from the chemist, I realised that nobody has told me when to start the Femoston!  Do I carry on to the end of the Prempak pills (4 days) and then start Femoston or start by taking the appropriate day on the Femoston pack?  I would be grateful for any advice.

Also, the palpitations have been worrying me and the GP thought that they couldn't be due to the Prempak, but I've never had them before.  Has anyone else had any experience of this?

Nina

Re: Moving from Prempak to Femoston
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 04:30:23 PM »

Hello you can start the femoston the day after you finish the prempak.

No advice about the palpitations though. See how uou get on with the femoston?

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 05:12:01 PM »

Hi DebsMK

:welcomemm:

As Nina says - I agree, provided it's a full pack ie you finish the combi pills of the Prempak (maybe they're a different colour) and start the oestrogen only ones of Femoston.

Be prepared for some temporary changes as your body adjusts. Which strength of prempak were you on? There is also a higher dose Femoston (2/10) if you find this one less effective after 2-3 months.

Many women experience palpitations during peri-menopause. Do they occur at a particular time - eg before a hot flush, during the night, after exercise or for no apparent reason? A change in HRT might be the answer but it's always good to get these things checked out as you are doing and in most cases it will be nothing to worry about.

Hurdity x

DebsMK

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 05:58:00 PM »

Thank you both :).  I can't believe I didn't think to ask about it, but then maybe they should've told me!

I was on the lower dose of Prempak Hurdity, so I am hoping the Femoston will be ok.  I never had any hot flushes or night sweats and was still having regular periods (I'm nearly 54), I just had lots of other symptoms which led me to go to see the GP. 

I seem to be getting the palpitations when I'm resting (although it maybe then I notice them more), but I have noticed this 3rd month on the Prempak has been different - uncomfortable stomach, breast aches etc, almost like it isn't working as well.

Kathleen

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2014, 06:07:33 PM »

Hello DebsMK.

Just wanted to say welcome to the forum, for information and support you have come to the right place.

Take care.

K.