Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Got the exercise bug!  (Read 9453 times)

Greyhoundgal

Re: Got the exercise bug!
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2014, 02:54:03 PM »

I still do my Pilates class every week - even if I miss out on the gym and other classes I always go to this one.  I was actually singled out in class this week to demonstrate one of the moves to another lady who was struggling, just like I did when I first started :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2014, 03:05:23 PM »

Have cleaned out the camper.  Walked backwards and forwards carrying orchids to the sink for soaking.  Walked up and down the garden re-filling wild bird feeders: does this all count  :D

honeybun

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2014, 03:27:10 PM »

I think what you are doing CLKD is keeping active  rather than exercise. I'm pretty sure that you need to increase your heart rate for a period of time for it to count.

Unless of course you were running back and forward.  ;D

Honeyb
x

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2014, 04:37:32 PM »

OK - might try running 2-morrow  ;D

I do jog up stairs but have to be careful walking down  ::)

Hurdity

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2014, 05:06:03 PM »

Walking walking walking - it's all good - keeping active as much as possible. Housework counts too if it's more than dusting (that I rarely do  ;D).

Yes getting your heart rate up is also important but this can be achieved by (sometimes very) brisk walking.

I do Pilates once a week and it's absoutely brilliant! Like you Ju Ju I can stand on one leg and now do this to take shoes and socks off without overbalancing! I also started Zumba about 6 weeks ago and that's great too for cardio and coordination as well as maintaining supple joints with all that hip wiggling! Exercise gets quite addictive once you start because the more you do the better you feel - eg I feel less exhausted after the quite strenuous Pilates Class now I do the Zumba because I am fitter overall.

Hurdity x

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2014, 06:10:11 PM »

Stand on 1 leg - why  :-\  ;D --------- I did that in ballet lessons many years ago. 

Jogging into the kitchen to put plates under hot water - DH is off to buy chish and phipps for our supper ……..  ;) ……… last night it took me an hour to make our bed, which is 7ft x 6ft - 4 sheets, 2 pillows with 3 covers on each, all that shaking, banging, flopping of covers  ;)
Pages: 1 [2]