Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Femseven  (Read 4002 times)

charliegirl

Femseven
« on: November 26, 2014, 10:27:55 AM »

Hi all, can anyone help?? especially Taz or Hurdity, I asked my GP for Femseven Conti, instead of Evoril as the progesterone might not be suiting me, and cannot get the prescription from any chemist at all!! They cannot order it as there is a manufacturing problem as well. What do I do now??
Thanks Charliegirl.

wanderersmelody

• First Flush
Re: Femseven
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 05:25:17 PM »

I have the same problem. Called all the chemists in my area - be interested to see how you get on.

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 08:08:26 PM »

Hi charliegirl

Sorry to hear about this but I'm not sure how we can help here?! Taz used to use Femseven sequi and I have never used it although I did have Evorel sequi for the first few months on HRT.

Are you able to get hold of any Femseven sequi? This would bring about a bleed (possibly not in the first month) and you would be able to tell if the progestogen suited you if it affected you adversely most of the time on the second two weeks of the patch.

If you are looking for advice on a different progestgoen - Mirena coil has the same progestogen in as Femseven but that would be quite a big step. Otherwise you would have to go for separate oestrogen and progesterone.  There are lots of oestrogen only patches (http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/treatafter.php scrol down for patches), and Utrogestan is the market brand of micronised progesterone (which is bio-identcial with our own natural progesterone). These are capsules, normally taken orally especially when used as part of continuous combined HRT. Alternatively there is another synthetic progestogen (MPA - marketed as Provera) which could be taken alongside the oestrogen patches http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/to_progestogens.php

Maybe someone else will know more about the current state of play re Femseven?

Hope this helps.

Hurdity x

charliegirl

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 01:28:34 PM »

Hi Hurdity, thanks for that. could I take estrogen in tablet form as well, so taking progesterone and estrogen in tablet form?
Thanks charliegirl!

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2014, 05:41:04 PM »

If you wanted to take oestrogen in tablet form as well as separate progestgoen then this is also possible but probably less common, because most women who want to take tablet HRT try Femoston which has the closest progestogen to our own progesterone. Nevertheless some women are even intolerant of this so go for Utrogestan.

Hurdity x

charliegirl

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2014, 11:44:50 AM »

Thanks for that Hurdity, more questions, what estrogen would I take with the ultrogeston,bearing in mind am on Evoril now, and is ultrogeston easy to get on prescription, dont want to be told they cant get it again. By the way, have just remembered something fron many years ago which might be relevant. After the birth of my second child, I had really bad PMT and irregular periods. I was put on a course of progesterone tablets and remember saying how it sorted out the PMT and felt more stable. Just a thought!
Charliegirl.xx

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2014, 06:37:20 PM »

Hi charliegirl

If you mean tablet oestrogen - the best ones are those that contain just estradiol - they are listed here at various doses:
http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/treatafter.php

Some women have had problems getting Utrogestan (note the spelling) from their GP so I would find out which doctor in your practice is most knowledgeable and sympathetic about HRT and go to that one. Print off the information  from this site here:
http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/to_progestogens.php

If you are clear about why you want it then you should be able to get it even if no other women in the practice use it. Many of the combi HRT tablets contain norethisterone - the same as in Evorel sequi.

If you definitely want to take tablets then you might be better off trying Femoston where the progestogen (dydrogesterone) is very close to our own progesterone.

Hurdity x

charliegirl

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2014, 09:43:16 AM »

Hi again Hurdity, thanks for your reply, I think I will try the Femiston.Is it a lower dose than Evoril, and will I have side effect changing?
Charliegirl.x