Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Bowels iffy  (Read 13215 times)

Suzi Q

Bowels iffy
« on: November 26, 2014, 01:29:22 AM »

Ive found over the last 2/3 years that I go to the loo more often no blood no pain stools the same colour
Sometimes loose stools almost the runs sometimes not But I can go 2/3/ 4 times for 2/3 days then not the next?
I cant seem to clean my bottom as well using loads of paper till I started using disposable cloths cos bum stung
I looked at the ahemmmm general area nothings there no difference to my bottom?
Sometimes Its Like I havent finished others Im fine? this started with the Vagifem@of course it affects Vagina area
I had chronic constipation all my life even had to use Ducolax for 10 years UNTILL after a year on Vagifem
Since then never know what type of number 2 day it will be normal or runa roonies thank god for Aloe Disposables
Does anyone else suffer this? I think the number 2 makes vaginal area sting as Ive no inner labia down there
So being gross the numeber 2 gets in to the bitsa the bit between bottom and vaginal opening area
I never have accidents not incontinebt bottom wise its just Paper doesnt clean it and when I only used paper
Even the best it rubbed my bottom and bits of blood around the area as I rubebd it raw trying to clean it
I bought Bottom wipes for adults so I clean myself then use Cloth to make sure Im clean and its always marked
This doesnt happen every time about 1 out of 4 or so  but  if I dont take the cloths and I go to the loo outside
You can guarrantte marks on knickers EWWWWWW

Cassie

Re: Bowels iffy
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 04:49:05 AM »

Perhaps chat to your Dr, in many countries 50 is the age where one needs to have a colonoscopy.

Ju Ju

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 07:24:19 AM »

Whenever I have a consistent change of bowel habit, I do go to the doctor. The last time I went was a year ago and because of my age, more than anything else, I was referred to the consultant and had a colonoscopy. All was well and the change put down to functional reasons, in other words, my IBS. No solutions, but the reassurance that nothing sinister was going on. It's hard when your bowels rule your day. I have similar challenges as you do. I have OCD tendencies and like to feel clean, but you just have to get on with it. Do seek advice from your doctor, expressing what your concerns are, including how to protect your vaginal area.  ( I could go for several days without going, to doing small motions over 10 tens a day, and I have had accidents. I do recommend fybogel, which has helped lessen the severity of this. )

The other thing to remember, as I was by a life coach, is that my digestive system is working; it's keeping me alive, despite everything. It's doing it's best and not trying to screw me up! This keeps me calmer! Be kind to yourself and do seek medical advice.

babyjane

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 10:11:28 AM »

I had this and I was diagnosed with IBS and haemorroids (which caused the bleeding) but do see your doctor if you are concerned.  Better to find its piles or IBs than worrying.

Someone wrote on my 'inserting vagifem' thread that a rectal prolapse can make it difficult to clean sometimes.

Ju Ju

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014, 10:20:44 AM »

Also incomplete evacuation. Sometimes it just won't cooperate and come! :o

babyjane

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2014, 10:24:55 AM »

yes I agree, although internal haemorrhoids can make you feel that you still want to 'go'.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 03:23:08 PM »

'incomplete evacuation' - sounds like me several times a week.  Even if I 'go' it seems like my bowel still wants to empty.  Just behind the coccyx feels 'full'.  At least I don't have to remove poo manually  :o ……… yet  :-\

I have had to use Andrex wipes as I get dirty otherwise, can't believe I'm finally owning up to this  :-[ ……. for about 2 years.  My botty feels sore on the skin of the cheeks ……. having to use cream sometimes. 

The bowel can get lazy.  I have found actimel-type drinks help keep mine regular.  I find that red meat makes me feel sluggish throughout and slows the bowel ……….

Ginger and garlic can help the digestive system.  SuziQ this sounds like an alteration in habits but I would have a chat with my GP who may suggest a different 'additive' as the bowel can become used to Fybogel etc..  Let us know!

:hug:

Ju Ju

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2014, 04:22:47 PM »

This is something we don't like to talk about even to our nearest and dearest! Sadly I have on occasion had to help things on manually. Yuck! There never told anyone before. And yes I am extremely meticulous with hand washing!  Having a normal, easy, clean and quick to do poo is something to celebrate! And I love those days when I don't need to know where the loo is!

honeybun

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2014, 04:28:00 PM »

It's the panic and cold sweat that comes over me if I'm in the car and I need to go. And then not being able to distinguish between wind and  :-\.
Then it's trying to go quietly in a public loo.

Bloomin nightmare really.

Afternoons are usually so much better for me as the morning rush has passed.

Some of it is my own fault. I find veg and fruit so difficult to resist and then I pay big time.

Thank heavens for me herbal drops.

The things we talk about here  ::)

Honeyb
x

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2014, 04:29:40 PM »

I HATE using a public loo - so why did we buy a camper van  :o ……… however, putting loo paper into the water first sometimes helps ……… if you think that many years ago there were 3-in-a-row outside privies  :o - large for Dad, smaller for Mum, smaller for the child …….

babyjane

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2014, 05:14:46 PM »

Ju ju, don't feel ashamed, you are not the only one. Years ago, before my underactive thyroid was diagnosed, I was terribly, distressingly constipated and on occasion it was the only way  :'(

Cassie

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2014, 06:34:39 PM »

Sorry I am not understanding this too well.... are there some that have to literally shove their fingers up and pull out the poop.... :o

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2014, 06:39:37 PM »

Sadly yes.  This happens to some who are disabled, they need to help open their bowels.  Lots of gloves and Vaseline required.

Cassie

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2014, 06:41:01 PM »

Wow! Never knew this!

Ju Ju

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2014, 06:43:22 PM »

Yep! Well with loo paper as well! Gross isn't it? But needs must.

Billy Connelly said that once you are 60, never trust a fart! :hotflash:

Talking of farts, the other day there was a distinct whiff around my 2 year old grandson. I asked him if he had done a poo and he replied, " No Gram, just a fart!"

Pages: [1] 2 3