Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Sorry, another HRT question!  (Read 1574 times)

GypsyRoseLee

Sorry, another HRT question!
« on: November 24, 2014, 12:10:04 PM »

I have seen my gynaecologist twice now and although she is lovely it's very hard to get a straight answer from her.

She has diagnosed me as being peri menopausal despite my bloods and bone scan tests being 'normal'. She has primarily diagnosed me due to early menopause running in the family, the fact that I have always suffered with PMS and the fact I had PND. Plus I am now 44 and my periods are much, much lighter and I was suffering with terrible anxiety and low mood for the first half of this year.

She recommends that I take HRT BUT won't directly tell me how it will benefit me. I have felt much better these last few months and so stopped taking my ADs. But I have noticed my mood is still very cyclical, the first of the month I feel energised and positive and very loving and my libido is okay. The second half I feel I can't be bothered, I have no energy and I feel very uninterested in my partner and family in general

If I take HRT will it make me feel energised and more positive and more affectionate toward my family ALL month? Because if it won't then I really don't see the point in taking it.

Can anyone advise, as my gynaecologist is just so vague.

Joyce

Re: Sorry, another HRT question!
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 12:54:17 PM »

Hard question to answer as we all react differently to HRT.  It's certainly made me feel more human over all the years I've taken it. I'm only on oestrogen, so that may be the reason.  When I had a break about 5 years ago, I was miserable.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 05:52:48 PM »

Hi GypsyRoseLee
The reason your gynae cannot be clearer is because she doesn't have a  crystal ball.  We are all different and each women will experience the meno in a different way.  What you are describing sounds very typical for very early peri meno.  Starting on a low dose of HRT - particularly if it is something like Femoston (which has a kinder progeterone) may well perk you up a bit but HRT effects women in different ways - sometimes very positively but sometimes brings some negative side effects as well.
The only answer is to give it a try and see how you feel.  It doesn't sound to me as though you are mentally ready yet to take the leap with HRT. If you expect HRT to make you feel great all the time then this is a very high expectation.  If you start to get flushes and night sweats then you may well grab the HRT eagerly.
Do read up all the stuff under the headings to the left to this screen.
DG x
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 10:13:27 PM by Dancinggirl »

peegeetip

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 09:07:12 PM »

Hi GypsyRoseLee

for me its flattened my mood out over the month and helped me in other problems in a very good way ;)

I wish I'd started HRT much earlier than I did in Peri.

Before HRT my mood was up and down a lot.

:-*