Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Elleste Duet Conti tablets  (Read 2304 times)

sandra2

Elleste Duet Conti tablets
« on: November 24, 2014, 04:49:08 PM »

Hi
My name is Sandra.
I have been HRT for a week. l started on patches but went through 3 in a matter of days due to them not sticking. I was keeping it on with plasters in the end. I spoke with my doctor who has prescribed me with Ellests Duet conti tablets.
Reading some things on here l am now a little worried about changing any help or advice would be great
thanks

Hurdity

Re: Elleste Duet Conti tablets
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 05:23:57 PM »

Hi sandra2

:welcomemm:

Sorry to hear about the problems with your patches. Plasters are not recommended ro keeping patches on due to not being able to ensure they are stuck down underneath the plaster.

Were you following all the instructions? There are lots of thread about patches sticking and one recently as well. If you go to the forum home page and do a search then threads should come up. Here is the most recent but there will be others:
http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,26166.0.html

I would suggest you keep on with the patches for a little while longer as you might need to refine your technique! Also depends where you were sticking them and how active you are.

Hurdity x

sandra2

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 08:39:28 PM »

Hi
Thanks l have taken the first tablet now. I clicked onto the link there does seem to be a problem with the patch sticking. I am now going to the gym so hopefully will be quite active :D we shall see.
I am new to this site. Would like some feed back from any one on the tablets.
thanks again
Sandra2

peegeetip

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 08:44:40 PM »

Hi Sandra2

perhaps you should look at the warnings on most drugs including everyday items you would not think twice about.

Its far more dangerous to smoke or drink than to take most drugs we are being prescribed including HRT in the tablet form.

Some of these HRT warnings are also based on old and disproved study's that have been widely discussed on the forum.

Personally I'm on tablet form of HRT much prefer the simple tablet in the morning.
Due to my skin type I don't think I'd ever get on with patches.
I would be a bit of a mess trying to keep a patch on at the Gym too  :P

I was like you and I worried initially.
I'm now just so glad I got on and took them :)

:-*

sandra2

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 08:58:44 PM »

HI
Your right thank you so much.
I will just carry on taking them :D