Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: still some sort of cycle?  (Read 1776 times)

babyjane

still some sort of cycle?
« on: December 01, 2014, 10:03:26 AM »

I am nearly 58 and I had a hysterectomy with ovaries left in 19 years ago. 5 and a half years ago I began with hot flushes so recognised true menpause although I now know I was probably peri menopausal since my mid 40s.This year things have started to calm down and I sometimes go a few weeks without any flushes or sweats and stable mood.

What does seem to happen is that I will get 2 or 3 weeks with the occasional, mild flushes once or twice a day, reasonable energy level and sleep fairly well. Then I will get 5 days or so of flushes, sweats, bad mood and poor sleep, waking up lots and feeling very weary.

Could there still be some sort of low grade cycle still going on from my remaining ovary (one seems to have disappeared) or it it just a co incidence do you think?

Rowan

Re: still some sort of cycle?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 10:16:32 AM »

Some women can have hormone fluctuations into their seventies or eighties babyjane or even for the rest of their lives, its not abnormal.

"Both hot flushes and night sweats are caused by a temporary upset in the body's temperature control system.  This upset is corrected when it becomes adjusted to the new hormone levels.  This can take months or years.  Women may experience symptoms even into their 60s, 70s and 80s"

http://www.age-net.co.uk/health/womens_health/sleep_and_the_menopause.asp
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 10:24:04 AM by silverlady »