Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Ovulating  (Read 2629 times)

toffeecushion

Ovulating
« on: November 21, 2014, 06:05:26 PM »

Can you tell if you have ovulated?  Would your peri symptoms be worse of you haven't?

dahliagirl

Re: Ovulating
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 07:06:03 PM »

You can have a pretty good guess at whether you have ovulated by charting cervical mucus, position of cervix and basal body temperature.

I think the differences between when you ovulate and when you do not ovulate probably vary so much between individuals, that it is hard to tell if it makes it worse or not.  It is interesting to try and find out though.

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 07:07:00 PM »

I always used to get a pain for a few hours plus the change in discharge.

Taz x

Machair

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 07:44:48 AM »

I think this is very difficult especially in long cycles. I will have several patches of stretchy mucus that goes on for days, which is indicative of possible ovulation but certainly high oestrogen, not just one mid cycle as before peri. I think you would need to use a temperature method to really see which is ovulation.

toffeecushion

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2014, 12:23:32 PM »

Thanks for your replies.

The reason I ask is that I want to have my FSH and estrogen checked and I assume that if I am ovulating and having a normal period then my levels for that month would be normal.  Therefore would I be better having the test in a month when I haven't ovulated?

Briony

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2014, 12:46:03 PM »

I am pretty sure mine was tested in a month when I had ovulated. I had it done on day 4 or 5 of period (can't remember exactly) which was recommended. x