Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Thrush again!  (Read 12770 times)

dahliagirl

Re: Thrush again!
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2014, 07:17:46 PM »

I keep getting 'nearly' thrush and if it is bad, take a tablet.  Otherwise I try the avoidance techniques above.  I am trying actigel and have used  floraplus with no ill effects.

Any change sets it off - cervical mucus, period, sex, condoms, lubricant etc.  If I am feeling pretty dry, it will usually come on the next day.  In the past I have had swabs that have come back with nothing and antibiotics for vaginitis in case it was BV.

I have found husbands dermol can help with the outside symptoms, and have been avoiding the canesten cream after it made it worse.

I am hoping the actigel will get me over the blips.

Liz

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2014, 07:21:49 PM »

THink I'll get some Actigel.  How long have you been using it for Dahlia??  I use the Fluconazole, it goes, but then comes back, usually after sex or before period.

dahliagirl

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2014, 07:54:24 PM »

Just on and off over the last 6 weeks.  I can't give a considered opinion at the moment, because it comes and goes so much, but I am sure it is not good to keep taking the tablets too often.

Liz

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2014, 08:12:41 PM »

I've just ordered some Multi-Gyn Actigel, so hoping this will work. 

Dancinggirl

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2014, 08:24:14 PM »

Hope the Actigel helps Liz - I've used it for years now and found it's the best thing to keep everything healthy - you may like to try some of the other gels or pessaries - like so many things it's a matter of trial and error.  The reason I like Mulit gyn actigel is because I can use just a little each evening and then a big amount when I feel things are becoming unbalanced.
I do hope it works for you you.   DG x

Liz

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2014, 08:29:44 PM »

Thanks DG - I hope so too, just ordered 4 tubes! ;)

It certainly gets good reviews on the internet.  Think I'll do like you and apply each night - how much do you use, if you don't mind me asking?

Dancinggirl

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2014, 08:36:32 PM »

I've responded on your other thread Dg x

lancashirelass

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2014, 09:18:09 AM »

Candida therefore, can also arise from low oestrogen levels in the blood, and this can occur when the receptors that tell your body to create estrogen are blocked by what we call “xenoestrogens”, or chemicals that mimic estrogen's activity.

Liz

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2014, 01:14:20 PM »

Thanks Lancashirelass.  It's hard to understand whether it is more likely to be low oestrogen, because lots of things I've read say that thrush can be worse when on the pill/HRT.......

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2014, 03:38:59 PM »

True candida thrives on sugars.  It feeds on sugars and lives in the bowel.  If the acidity in the vagina is 'wrong' it will thrive.  Regardless of treatment.   Wiping front to back helps stop the spread of the bug etc..

LIVE yoghurt - Greek style - eaten and applied - can help.  Soothing.  Some ladies use a tampon soaked in LIVE yoghurt over-night to ease any itchiness.  Eaten it re-lines the gut bacteria which eventually eases through the digestive system. 

Natural yoghurt isn't the same as LIVE.  I recommend eating 3/4 large tablespoons several times a day for the next 3 months  ;)

Liz

« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2014, 03:50:55 PM »

Thanks - I've started taking a high dose Acidopholus supplement as of this week, but will try the yogurt too.  I currently eat the Activia yogurts.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2014, 04:22:44 PM »

Don't they have sugars in though?

Let us know how you get on! I would cut the Activia out and go onto LIVE  ;)

Liz

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2014, 01:13:32 PM »

So..... the itching was back last night.  No discharge etc, I'm wondering if this is actually thrush at all, I have used 2 treatments recently and the itching comes back.

Been to the Nurse this morning to have a swab taken.

Been using the Multi-gyn but not really helped so far.

The dreaded "dryness" is creeping into my mind now.......  also wondering if the HRT is exaccerbating the problem.

dahliagirl

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2014, 01:53:04 PM »

I think it may be the hrt does not get to the right places.

I stopped using vagifem for a month when I went on full hrt and got proper thrush with white lumps forming.  I am back to using the vagifem now.

Liz

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2014, 02:00:09 PM »

I'm 46 and peri, though.  Is this not too early for dryness problems??
Pages: 1 [2] 3