Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Taking a break from HRT  (Read 2162 times)

Smokey

Taking a break from HRT
« on: December 07, 2014, 05:16:08 PM »

Hi ladies

Can anyone tell me how long symptoms take to return after stopping HRT, as I have to stop while I have my steroid levels checked? I'm dreading it to be honest.

thanks

karenja

Re: Taking a break from HRT
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 05:36:31 PM »

Hi Smokey

I stayed off for just five days, flushes and night sweats stayed away, anxiety back with avengence x

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 05:39:47 PM »

Hi Smokey. I found that the first couple of months were not too bad at all but by the third month the flushes and sweats were back and by four months I was at the level of six years previously when I first started HRT.  How long do you have to stop for?

Taz x

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2014, 06:43:07 PM »

Mine started to come back after about a week, by 1-2 months, flushes, sweats.

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2014, 08:01:27 PM »

Hi yes mine were definitely fully back after 3 months and flushes and sweats earlier. I stopped in early 2011 and had to go back on it after 3 months as couldn't cope. I also developed symptoms I didn't have before (presumably as I was by then post-meno but wasn't when I started). As well as flushes and sweats I got a horrible pelvic ache dragging feeling like low backache especially in the evening and had to put my feet up. Haven't had it since I went back on HRT. Not sure what it was.

Hurdity x

Smokey

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2014, 08:35:06 PM »

Thanks girls

I think I only have to stay off so my HRT doesn't interfere with test readings about six weeks I think I'm still waiting for my appointment to arrive but consultant thinks it will be near end of January.

I have more ms symptoms at moment at least I think they are,I just feel weird on and off to be honest, I guess it could be meno,at the moment I ache next shoulders back and one knee. I didn't really suffer with hot flushes, but have odd one now and then and that's on HRT I'm just scared of getting the doom and dread feelings again they were really frightening but maybe I won't this time.
I may find out whether I'm peri still but as I'm only 48 I won't get my hopes up,but saying that my mum had her last period at 50.

I do intend to go back on HRT as its meant to help with the ms.