Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: JL v M&S Christmas ads  (Read 13946 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: JL v M&S Christmas ads
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2014, 01:38:57 PM »

Waitrose self-service have reindeer heads on the tills  ::) - hopefully they will be kept for years to come and not go into recycling  >:(

Rowan

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2014, 11:05:23 AM »

As we get nearer to Christmas I love the Xmas ads, they are fun, sometimes magical (like little stories) and all add to feelings of the season.

The big companies spend a of of money making them and some become classics. Nothing wrong in that if they give pleasure, they certainly don't make me want to go out and spend more then I should.

They in no way deter from what Christmas means, each of carries in our hearts individually what that means.

Christmas means different things to each of us,  I think of it as midwinter feast along with the other traditions, I know full well that the date was combined centuries ago with the birth of Christ, 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas, millions of Christians will be celebrating the birth of Christ around the world, they won't be worrying about Christmas ads.

I love the Traditions, Christmas Ads are just another addition of the 21st century. I just think this year they should have waited until at least the 1st of December at least to start to show them, it dilutes the magic of Christmas other wise.

My OH loves mince pies but he knows I won't allow him to buy or eat any until a few weeks before Christmas :)

Joyce

« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2014, 01:32:31 PM »

Mine is allowed my mince pies from Christmas week SL.  ;D Used to make cake too, but as we're the only ones who eat it a lot was wasted as we got fed up eating it.

I agree ads could have waited a while as could the Christmas movies. I'm a sucker for a soppy Christmas film, but from beginning of November?  Won't stop me watching them mind you, but young children must drive their parents crazy with the long build up to Christmas. Don't remember this sort of thing when mine were young. December is soon enough.

Limpy

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2014, 09:28:56 PM »

OK - Call it retarded development but only just seen the JL advert.
It's sweet but a little bit too much so.
Now, Meerkats on the other hand are a totally different thing.

Rowan

« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2014, 10:55:45 AM »

Not so keen on the JL one or Sainsbury's Christmas adverts to me, they are playing on people emotions, at least the M&S one make no bones that it is advertising their food and clothes etc..

I like the ALDI Christmas advert with Jules Holland in it at the end too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_noAJIC408

Joyce

« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2014, 12:10:40 PM »

Sainsbury's one is a play on Pipes of Peace, totally OTT. Though I do understand the sentiment.
JL one is just too sickly for my liking. Of course sales of Monty are going through the roof. Guess someone has to pay for the ad! Us!

Rowan

« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2014, 12:14:35 PM »

Limpy

« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2014, 12:23:30 PM »

I like the ALDI Christmas advert with Jules Holland in it at the end too.

I like that one too

Joyce

« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2014, 12:25:03 PM »

They were speaking about it earlier. Very true. M&S one isn't so emotional, I feel.

Aldi one I like too.
Pages: 1 2 [3]