Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: got period six days early on sequi-hrt, might have forgot progesterone  (Read 3745 times)

Dandelion

Hi

Yesterday morning, I got brown pre-period bleeding, and today, I got a full on period.
I have got eleven utrogestan tablets left in my box so it looks as if I have messed the dose up somewhere along the line
I think I took last nights dose, but I am not sure.
I am moving onto from estrogen 050 patches to 075mgc estrogen patches on Monday.
I've taken 100mg utrogestan this morning, i get my days mixed up.
Dunno if this period is related to the spotting I have been getting.
I used to get early periods on the femoston I was on.
I forgot to take a femoston pill the odd day.
I have to make a doctors appt about chest xray result and making another about something else at the same time will just confuse them lol.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 07:52:21 AM by Dandelion »

Dancinggirl

Re: got period six days early on sequi-hrt, might have forgot progesterone
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 10:23:18 AM »

Oh Dandelion - I'm afraid you are not going to get any help from HRT unless you are disciplined about using it. You really need to keep a diary and write down everything you take and the times you take them.  Do you have one of those pill boxes that have the days of the week - they are great to help you remember when and what to take.
Do remember that you are still peri menopausal so your own hormones will be kicking in now and again.  If you don't take the HRT properly then your cycle will be all over the place.
I fear your depression is impacting on everything so much you really need to deal with this a.s.a.p..
I have just had a private appointment with a top gynae and we discussed my options now I am 58 and need to be able to continue working. We discussed HRT and SSRIs and though I have always been very wary of SRRIs he explained that the new ones are very different to what they used to use and that they can really help many women with ongoing or extreme meno symptoms - particularly if they suffer with anxiety.  He has found Citalopram to be the most effective though he also mentioned Fluoxetine.  As I mentioned before, I have a colleague at work who was using HRT but was still getting sweating just like you and she eventually agreed to try Citalopram together with the HRT and now she is a new women.
Please discuss this with your GP.  Take care.
DG xx

Dandelion

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 01:20:30 PM »

Hi.
I don't want to take SSRI chemicals.
Prozac is over twenty years old
Psyche drugs just keep big pharma rich
It sounds as if your colleague has got something else causing flushes.
Do I just keep on taking my hrt as usual or should I go onto the 75mcg patches and stop the utro till next cycle pls advise
I can't see my gp yet and need to know today

Thanks
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 01:28:40 PM by Dandelion »

Scampi18

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 01:31:28 PM »

Hi dancing girl

I tried fluoxetine they sent me mad I was nearly sectioned,  I think I may have to give in and try citalopram, I have no life at the moment.
Always crying or asleep, have thyroid problems as well and meneries disease. 
Feel like things are not getting on with other things.

Take care c

Dandelion

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 01:55:56 PM »

Hi dancing girl

I tried fluoxetine they sent me mad I was nearly sectioned,  I think I may have to give in and try citalopram, I have no life at the moment.
Always crying or asleep, have thyroid problems as well and meneries disease. 
Feel like things are not getting on with other things.

Take care c
aw sorry to hear this.

I managed to speak to a duty gp who said treat this period like a normal one and just take as normal.
She said its common for new hrt to have odd bleeds, esp with new progestin.
She said it will settle down.
Feel happier now.
Im not as worried down or anxious as I was over the weekend.

honeybun

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2014, 02:16:57 PM »

Dancing Girl is right. If you don't take it properly your symptoms, and periods will be all over the place.

Do you have a calender that you can write down when to use what and when.

You also mentioned taking utrogestan in the morning. It specifically says to take at night. Look at your patients info leaflet.

Honeyb
x

Dandelion

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2014, 03:02:04 PM »

Dancing Girl is right. If you don't take it properly your symptoms, and periods will be all over the place.

Do you have a calender that you can write down when to use what and when.

You also mentioned taking utrogestan in the morning. It specifically says to take at night. Look at your patients info leaflet.

Honeyb
x
Hi Honeyb

thanks. I do have a pill organiser. I just have really bad memory problems. I am going for an adhd test soon, hopefully, we will get to the bottom of why I keep losing and forgetting things.
I only took the utro at 7am cos I thought I had forgotten, but I hadnt.
I must have forgot it some other day.
It reassured me to hear from the doctor, that things will settle back down. This happened on Femoston too, but it settled down and I got my period the day after I came off femoston, very conveniently, the day i was coming out of hospital from my operation, not, lol :)
My mood seems a bit better today, thankfully.
Oh, and since I have been taking the patches, while not totally gone, i have noticed a significant improvement in my IBS symptoms.