Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Oestrogel dosage  (Read 2390 times)

Liz

Oestrogel dosage
« on: November 30, 2014, 08:29:59 AM »

Hi ladies  - can I ask a question please?  I'm currently experiencing a lot of breakthrough bleeding/spotting on my dose of Oestrogel...... one and a half pumps (was on one pump but increased it to see if that helped). 

Would I be more likely to have more or less bleeding if I decreased the gel to 1 pump or increased it??  This is just a "what if" question at the moment, because I was wondering if more or less oestrogen increases the chances of my own cycle breaking through.

To be truthful, I had a "wobble" yesterday and was thinking of coming off the HRT because I am worrying that if I'm still getting my own cycle breaking through, then I must have enough Oestrogen of my own to cause this.  Concerned that I'm "overdosing" my body by using the HRT, and perhaps I've started it too early (46)......

Dancinggirl

Re: Oestrogel dosage
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 09:50:52 AM »

Probably less oestrogel could reduce/stop the breakthrough bleeding.  I've forgotten what progesterone you are using? When are you starting the progesterone bit next.  Unfortunately breakthrough bleeding can occur at various times with HRT (especially in peri meno) but it usually settles down. It's still early days for you Liz so I wouldn't mess around with dosage too much yet but you could try on pump per day for a week or two and see how you feel.
We all feel anxious when we first try HRT.
DG x

Liz

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 09:58:21 AM »

Thanks Dg!  I started my Utrogestan phase last night (nights 15-26 of cycle).  Am sticking to my original schedule, even though I'm having breakthrough bleeding, so yesterday was technically day 15, although been bleeding for a few days (seems to have stopped this morning).

I've used 1 pump this morning, in the hope that it settles.  I think I remember you saying, Dg, that you only required 1 pump in your peri stage?  I did think less Oestrogen would mean less spotting, so hopefully that will help.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2014, 10:51:25 AM »

You need to give things time to settle down.  As long as you are feeling better generally - sleeping better, fewer flushes etc. - then you're doing fine. DG x