Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Painful breast  (Read 3353 times)

veronica

• First Flush
Painful breast
« on: May 10, 2014, 03:25:04 AM »

Hi, I am 46 and I have not had a period for 21 months now. I have just recently starting having really painful breasts especially on one side, I was just wondering if any one else has had the same experience.

Taz2

Re: Painful breast
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 09:00:07 AM »

Hi veronica. Are you on HRT as you are experiencing an early menopause and HRT is recommended up to the age of 50 in order to protect your heart and bones?

As for the painful breast - if it is just one breast then I would get this checked out just to make sure that everything is well. If it's both breasts then this could show some hormonal surges. Should you begin a period though after such a long time without then you would need to get this checked out by your GP as any bleeding after a year without has to be reported.

Let us know how you get on.

Taz x  :hug:

Js

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 12:25:22 PM »

Hi. I have had similar in just one breast but have checked and there is no lumps so assume you have checked also. I had a recent mammogram and told her that I was getting pain in one breast she said it could be hormonal and if no lumps no need to worry. But of course  if your concerned the do see your doctor

Js

Dawn62

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2014, 03:54:53 PM »

Hi Veronica, and everyone else!! I was just wondering how you got in with your breast pain, or how other women deal with it if they have it.

I've just had a mammogram and MRI today (clear) because of a breast rash that keeps reoccurring over an area that I get breast pain. It's only one breast and although I've always had a bit of pain in that breast it's worse since I've hit the menopause.

Any advice would be great! I take starflower oil capsules already. Thanks.

caz24

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2014, 06:06:10 PM »

Hi

I have very painful breasts, one more so than the other. I already take Starflower oil and it's not made any difference. I've always suffered, usually about a week before my period but now I'm in peri I don't know when that is and anyway they just hurt all the time, even after a period. Interested to hear if anyone has any ideas.

caz24

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2014, 05:34:20 PM »

Yes you're probably right Sparkle. I saw a programme on tv and apparently the fact that they hurt is a good sign. Like you I can't feel any particular lumps, they just feel generally bruised and swollen. Bloomin hormones  ::)