Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: increase in allergies?  (Read 10149 times)

Rowan

Re: increase in allergies?
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2014, 04:34:06 PM »

Talked to my lovely doctor and she has said that if I am not sure about the three year immunotherapy program, that I should withdraw, she did agree with all the points I brought up, and has suggested that I phone The Consultant's secretary on Monday and explain my decision.

Hurray! I feel so much better now :)

dahliagirl

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2014, 08:51:04 PM »

That sounds a weight off your mind!

I find the Allergy uk information helpful.  I printed it out and am ticking off and adding my own things to their list. http://www.allergyuk.org/oral-allergy-syndrome/oral-allergy-syndrome

I am sure it is much worse this year because the silver birches had a good year. Last year, it rained just when the pollen came out and didn't stop until too late (a mixed blessing).

Rowan

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2014, 11:42:09 AM »

I do feel much better, this the guy I saw, he was a locum Consultant I don't think he works for the NHS but he seems well qualified and has worked in America.

http://www.bmihealthcare.co.uk/consultant/consultantdetails?p_name=Dr%20Michael%20Rudenko&p_id=50008

I think that it is huge commitment to comply with the program, but just having the skin patch tests and knowing my sensitivities, also knowing what to avoid including pollen cross reaction food was well worth it (would have cost quite a bit privately)

As it is fairly new in the UK I expect they are looking for patients who seem to fit the criteria and will commit to the programme. The program would cost the NHS at least £3,000 for the three years.

I live in heavily wooded area not such a good place to live if you are allergic, most of my life I have spent near the sea or with not much trees around, its only since I have lived in this area, that I have had more problems. The best thing would be to move but sadly not an option.

In January I am going to start taking-

Mixed Pollen 30c contains a mixture of grasses, cereals, early and mid blossom trees and weeds.

Mixed Pollen 30C Tablets are an homeopathic mixture of common airborne pollens (mixed grasses, tree and weed pollens). The general advice is to start this four to six weeks before symptoms are expected. This may help to reduce the allergic-type response experienced on exposure to pollens.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 12:11:19 PM by silverlady »

wombat62

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2014, 11:22:43 AM »

Not an allergy but have developed an intolerance to red wine....which is devastating! Sometimes I'm fine with one or two glasses and other times I have such a disturbed night with just one. Guess it's the sulphates.

However, it's pretty miserable to can't even enjoy a glass now, not knowing if I'm going to be tossing and turning and those awful adrenalin rushes :(

Seem to be okay with good quality bubbles though :)
Pages: 1 [2]