Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Returning Atrophy.  (Read 2216 times)

Midnight Shadow

Returning Atrophy.
« on: November 16, 2014, 06:51:06 PM »

Hello all you sufferers. Haven't been on this site for several weeks as my Atrophy has been at bay. Such a relief. Continued using Vagifem and Timodine. Unfortunately it is now back with avengeance. Just wondered if anyone else experiences this. Several weeks of near normality and then back to square one. Replies appreciated.

Midnight Shadow.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Returning Atrophy.
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 06:53:25 PM »

Yep.  If I feel any of the symptoms returning I use the product for 2 consecutive nights rather than twice a week.  Sometimes we have to use it more often in order to gain relief.  Bu..er it  :-X

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 07:32:05 PM »

Thanks for very quick  reply.  Will try that using another vagifem tonight. So great to have a forum like this. Many thanks.

babyjane

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 08:26:49 PM »

Quite a lot of women do not find that the twice a week is enough for their atrophy symptoms.  I certainly don't.  I have my doctor's blessing to use it more often to stay comfortable.  I hope your doctor is understanding, maybe you need to use more but do check with your doctor first as we are not qualified to give medical advise, only share our own experiences.  Good luck.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2014, 08:55:37 PM »

I'm using the Estring which gives a continuous low dose of oestrogen locally and I still get episodes of burning and soreness - it's very strange as I don't know what triggers it.  The discomfort is generally a lot less using the Estring - all the other preparations actually made the burning worse!!!!
If you find the vagifem works most of the time for you then upping the dose may be the way to go.  I think lots of women use it at least 3 times a week(after all Vagifem used to be 25mg which is much stronger) and some even do a 2 week daily reload a couple of times and year. DG x