Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: spotting since last period  (Read 3808 times)

Dandelion

spotting since last period
« on: November 15, 2014, 03:39:53 PM »

Hi

My period ended about 2.5 weeks ago, but I have been spotting ever since.
I started evorel 19 days ago and utrogestan 3 days ago.
I'm using it from day 17 to 28 (i assume that's right)
It is not bothering me, I just wanted to check that it was ok.
 thanks

Hurdity

Re: spotting since last period
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 08:27:01 PM »

Hi Dandelion

What did the doctor say about the spotting when you saw her the other day to get the Utrogestan? I presume she will have asked about bleeding patterns or you will have told her then? I would go by what the doc says about this.

There are bound to be changes when you change from one HRT to another, and as your body adjusts. Also unpredictable bleeding and spotting is common in peri-menopause but if you didn't mention it at your visit I would do so if it has been continuous for 19 days just to check that all is OK, especially if you haven't experienced this before.

Glad you're not bothered by it and I presume it is only very slight? I'm sure it's absolutely nothing to worry about but do ask all the same. If necessary just phone up rather than make an appointment. If your surgery is anything like mine if you phone and say you need to speak to a doctor and explain what it is they usually leave a message for the doctor and someone phones back later after they've done their surgeries. Otherwise it might have to be another appt!!!

Hurdity x
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 08:28:35 PM by Hurdity »

Dandelion

one more question pls
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2014, 09:37:05 PM »

Hi Dandelion

What did the doctor say about the spotting when you saw her the other day to get the Utrogestan? I presume she will have asked about bleeding patterns or you will have told her then? I would go by what the doc says about this.

There are bound to be changes when you change from one HRT to another, and as your body adjusts. Also unpredictable bleeding and spotting is common in peri-menopause but if you didn't mention it at your visit I would do so if it has been continuous for 19 days just to check that all is OK, especially if you haven't experienced this before.

Glad you're not bothered by it and I presume it is only very slight? I'm sure it's absolutely nothing to worry about but do ask all the same. If necessary just phone up rather than make an appointment. If your surgery is anything like mine if you phone and say you need to speak to a doctor and explain what it is they usually leave a message for the doctor and someone phones back later after they've done their surgeries. Otherwise it might have to be another appt!!!

Hurdity x
Hi Hurdity

The doctor said nothing about utrogestan but I have a phone call booked in a month to see how my new regime is going.
I experienced spotting on Femoston.

I thoughht it was  normal in peri and on sequi hrt to spot.

My spotting is only slight and it is more yellow than brown.
I am also on an antifungal cream down there, which is white, but maybe that is what it is, although the antifungal cream is white.

Will it be ok to wait a month to call about the spotting?
I'm frightened of being taken off hrt, i wanna give the 75mcg a try

« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 09:53:33 PM by Dandelion »

honeybun

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2014, 09:56:49 PM »

Yellow spotting .....you should call your GP.

It may be a slight infection but should be checked out because it does not sound like bleeding which is red or brown.

When did you last have a smear test ?

Honeyb
x

Dandelion

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2014, 11:22:36 PM »

Yellow spotting .....you should call your GP.

It may be a slight infection but should be checked out because it does not sound like bleeding which is red or brown.

When did you last have a smear test ?

Honeyb
x
Hi

I had my last smear last year. - normal result
The discharge does not smell.
I'm only made more anxious by not knowing what they will do if I tell them.
Fear of invasive treatment etc.

I really don't want my hrt taken off me, not before I have tried the 75mcg one on the 24th.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 11:25:16 PM by Dandelion »

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 01:21:34 PM »

Hi Dandelion

To me spotting is actual blood, whether it be brown or red. Yellow or other staining I always disregard if I have no other symptoms - but I'm not you and I'm post-menopausal, so it's up to you to decide what to do - we can't really say in this particular instance.

If you don't think it's even enough to call spotting, and you don't think it's an infection - ie if you're not experiencing discomfort, odour or other symptoms, and you are not worried about it, then wait to mention it to your doctor - but keep a note of what it's like and when it happens, but this is your decision, and try not to worry!

Hurdity x

Dandelion

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2014, 01:31:25 PM »

Hi Dandelion

To me spotting is actual blood, whether it be brown or red. Yellow or other staining I always disregard if I have no other symptoms - but I'm not you and I'm post-menopausal, so it's up to you to decide what to do - we can't really say in this particular instance.

If you don't think it's even enough to call spotting, and you don't think it's an infection - ie if you're not experiencing discomfort, odour or other symptoms, and you are not worried about it, then wait to mention it to your doctor - but keep a note of what it's like and when it happens, but this is your decision, and try not to worry!

Hurdity x
Hi Hurdity

Thanks. I think the yellowness was because I left patches on for 4.5 days a couple of times. I put a small tampon in last night and when I took it out there was no brown on just a very pale yellow, so I will monitor it and speak to my doctor next time.

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2014, 05:02:01 PM »

Glad you've sorted out what to do re the yellow discharge.

Ideally for maximum estrogen levels they should be changed every 3.5 days so for example I change mine on Monday evening and Friday morning. You won't be able to tell if the patch is working until you have tried this properly for at least a month and maybe longer.

Hurdity x