Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: New Year's Eve  (Read 7820 times)

groundhog

New Year's Eve
« on: November 14, 2014, 12:00:59 AM »

Hi ladies
I'm not that keen on NYE.  The big expectations blah blah.  Because however I am having major surgery i January my lovely daughter has suggested we go away - we being oh and me plus daughter and her partner.  We all get on well and a good idea in principal.  Now me being me think of my mother ( I help care ) and my sister ( I help with kiddies ).  But all that aside ,  where should we go?  My daughter has suggested euro disney ( not sure ) or Scotland ( seems fully booked ).  My husband says up to me .
If it was really up to me I would not chose disney  - any thoughts ladies?
Xxx

honeybun

Re: New Year's Eve
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 07:45:28 AM »

Sounds like a wonderful idea to me, what a lovely daughter you have.

Scotland won't be fully booked at all. If you want some ideas for the West Coast then let me know.

Euro Disney would not appeal to me either to be honest.

Honeyb
x

Scampi

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 08:05:21 AM »

I'm biased - we call Disneyland 'the happy place' in our house!  We love it, but is definitely isn't for everyone - if you can harness your inner 6-year old, you'd love the place, if not it will seem over the top and artificial.

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 08:21:59 AM »

What a great idea by your daughter. Not sure about Disneyland though. How about Paris itself? A hotel in Scotland would be lovely too though. 

bramble

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 03:03:03 PM »

Scotland, Yorkshire, the Lake District - all would be good. But I would trade up on class of hotel and choose somewhere close to home. Mainly because then you will defuse the anxiety of a long journey in potentially bad weather. Even a few miles away from home will seem like further away - good hotel, good food, few drinks, good company - sorted!

Bramble

groundhog

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2014, 07:05:22 PM »

Yes I do tend to agree Bramble and we are quite keen on hotel breaks sometimes just an hours drive away.  I'm ashamed to say I have never been to Scotland honeybun - my husband has as he was based in Rosyth for a while whilst in Royal Navy.
I definately don't fancy euro disney - way too busy and not my scene at all.  Don't want to disappoint my daughter though but we will think of something to do I'm sure xx
Thanks for your suggestions all xx 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2014, 07:10:06 PM »

Have a look at quiet long-weekend rentals?  Though most self catering may well be booked by now.  Where ever you go there will be celebrations.  Not my scene at all. 

How far do you want to travel?

groundhog

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2014, 07:18:16 PM »

Well CLKD if i had my way,  I probably wouldn't want to go anywhere!  But it is a nice gesture and so I will make an effort as I have become a real grumpy old woman of late.  There are lots of lovely spa hotels within a short drive of where I live - I will check these out but prices are extortionate.  I showed one to my oh last night and he said 'we could go on a mini cruise for that' - and he is right.
I know what I'm going to be doing this weekend ..........

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2014, 07:21:58 PM »

So - you're not going on a cruise though how-ever much it costs!  Time to spend the money ……..  ;) - it could be a C.mas/New Year joint gift!

Ju Ju

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2014, 07:23:13 PM »

Sometimes the things I am reluctant to do turn out to be well worth the effort, perhaps because I don't have any expectations. Scotland sounds lovely.