Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: problems changing from Femseven Sequi to Femseven Conti  (Read 3315 times)

Marsha11

problems changing from Femseven Sequi to Femseven Conti
« on: November 12, 2014, 09:54:26 PM »

Hi all, feeling aweful and can't understand why. I have recently changed from Femseven Sequi to Femseven Conti. The constant flushing I used to feel when I first woke up before taking HRT is back (not so intense, but I can feel it).  I am feeling tired and irritable.  Is this what happens now I am on post menopausal Estrogen/progesterone mix.  I know there are no more patches to try, as I have already tried Evorel and get side effects with that.  Any suggestions please?

Taz2

Re: problems changing from Femseven Sequi to Femseven Conti
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 11:20:10 PM »

Hi Marsha - did you feel the same throughout your cycle when on sequi HRT or did you feel differently during the second half? I felt worse on a conti HRT as the progesterone made me feel tired so I swapped back to a sequi one. There is no reason why you can't continue with sequi if you don't mind having a  monthly bleed.

Taz x

Patricia D

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 01:54:35 PM »

Hi all, feeling aweful and can't understand why. I have recently changed from Femseven Sequi to Femseven Conti. The constant flushing I used to feel when I first woke up before taking HRT is back (not so intense, but I can feel it).  I am feeling tired and irritable.  Is this what happens now I am on post menopausal Estrogen/progesterone mix.  I know there are no more patches to try, as I have already tried Evorel and get side effects with that.  Any suggestions please?

Must say, since I changed to the FemSeven  I have felt fine , no real problems. However, not as fit and energetic as when I had the Femseven Sequi.   

Since joining this Forum am amazed at the different types of HRT there are. Hope all goes well.
Patricia .

Suzyq

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 02:25:21 PM »

It may just take some time to settle in! When I changed to conti it took a good 6 weeks but then I felt pretty good - very calm and stable (I'm on estradot and utrogestan). If it doesn't settle, then as Taz said, you can always change back.

Marsha11

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2014, 09:12:27 PM »

So pleased you all took the time to reply; feels like your not alone!

I think I felt better in the first two weeks of Femseven Sequi, probably because this was the estrogen bit and then the last two weeks was the no. 2 patch which had the progesterone bit.  Will continue with Femseven Conti and see if it settles.

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2014, 07:32:11 AM »

Hi Marsha - it makes sense then that you are feeling not quite so good now that you are using progesterone continually. It can take quite a while to get a true picture of how you will feel on a new HRT.

Taz x