Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: getting utrogestan off my GP  (Read 3375 times)

Dandelion

getting utrogestan off my GP
« on: November 12, 2014, 05:43:53 PM »

Hello

I got a months supply of utrogestan off my GP a month ago, because they did not think our surgery was allowed to issue it, so they told me to come back in a month, so I have an appointment tomorrow.

I know that nhs does prescribe to patients utrogestan, and dont want to be fobbed off tomorrow when I try to ask for it again.
I have the pip code, I had that a month ago when I last saw the doctor, this is why she prescribed it, but she told me to come back and she would check if our surgery are allowed to prescribe it.

I am seeing a different doctor tomorrow, cos the last one was horrible.
I have asked for  utrogestan several times now and been fobbed off with various excuses ranging from, our surgery are not allowed to presccribe it.

Does anyone have any tips for me so that i can come out of the surgery with a utrogestan script?
I cant afford to buy it privately.

thanks

Hurdity

Re: getting utrogestan off my GP
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 06:01:40 PM »

Hi Dandelion

No magic solution I'm afraid but please look at this post I made a few months ago about an article I found:

http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,24333.msg371939.html#msg371939

All you can do is quote that - and depending on how miltant you are feeling - so that you will not move until this is prescribed! Not the usual way to go about things but if you encounter any excuses or resistance .....

I really don't know about how this profession works, in the sense that docs are able to say they are not allowed to prescribe certain NICE available medications.

Utrogestan is the only progesterone (ie the one bio-identical with our own) licensed for HRT and I would have thought therefore that patient's preference in this regard should make a good case ie not wishing to take a synthetic progestogen.

Good luck!  :)

Hurdity x

Liz

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 08:23:05 PM »

Hi Dandelion...... I tried two different progesterones before I asked my GP for Utrogestan.  I explained to her that I had PMT symptoms on the Prempak and the Femseven Sequi and she agreed that I should try the bio-identical Utrogestan.  I think you need to state your case and let them know that you have done your research.  I'm assuming your first trial month went well...... perhaps use that as a reason for another prescription.  I've got 3 months worth this time, so I hope you can get the same.

By the way, how are you finding your new patches/Utro regime?

Dandelion

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 12:10:12 PM »

Hi Dandelion...... I tried two different progesterones before I asked my GP for Utrogestan.  I explained to her that I had PMT symptoms on the Prempak and the Femseven Sequi and she agreed that I should try the bio-identical Utrogestan.  I think you need to state your case and let them know that you have done your research.  I'm assuming your first trial month went well...... perhaps use that as a reason for another prescription.  I've got 3 months worth this time, so I hope you can get the same.

By the way, how are you finding your new patches/Utro regime?
Hi Liz

I got my utrogestan.
I'm only two days in to the prog part of my cycle, so I have onlyl had one dose of 200mg last night.
So far so good though, and I hope it suits me better than the synthetic did.