Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: ovaries shut down  (Read 2759 times)

donnacrichton

ovaries shut down
« on: November 08, 2014, 09:01:32 AM »

Hi wondering if anyone can help. Last week after a long time trying hrt my consultant thinks it is my own hormones fluctuations causing problems si nit getting a steady dose. Last Wednesday I had an injection to shut down my ovaries. After a couple of days felt great thought we had cracked it no symptoms. This Tuesday had applied gel as normal but felt a bit off next day. Then applied gel on Wednesday but woke up burning all over my body and tears would not stopping. Phoned my consultant who advised to go to 3 pumps straight away. After that I realised my estrogel pump had nit been giving me a full dose. It was at the end of the bottle. Been on 3 pumps for two days and nothing easing up. Still burning over back and scalp. Do I persevere with three as my ovaries will be producing less estrogen now. Don't want to make things worse by changing dose again

Dancinggirl

Re: ovaries shut down
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 09:11:31 AM »

Yes, definitely continue with the 3 pumps per day.  It's going to take a bit of time for your body to adjust. I always found the Oestrogel seemed to give less of a dose towards the end of the canister so I used to start a new one a bit before the old one ran out so I was using one pump from the old canister and other pumps from the new one to ensure I got a stable dosage. HRT is not a magic cure  - it takes time and patience to find the right balance and you are lucky to have a doctor who is clearly trying to get you sorted.
Good luck   Dg x

donnacrichton

Re: ovaries shut down
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 09:26:18 AM »

Thank you yet again. They are trying very hard to get me sorted. It was so great last weekend. Didn't think I should down it again as would much system up more. The maddening thing is I had noticed it didn't look like full dose but thought I was just being paranoid x