Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Feeling wired with anxiety  (Read 13106 times)

warwick01

Feeling wired with anxiety
« on: November 08, 2014, 01:51:08 AM »

Hi Ladies

Hope your all coping well? It's 1:40 and just woke up in a panic >:(

For a while now I have been feeling so tense (wired) that I can't cope with anything. I get so irritable I can't even stand in a queue without becoming agitated. My husband has said he has noticed a change in my behaviour to the extent he thinks it's like living with a time bomb. I feel constantly lightheaded when walking and unsteady in shops, have started with panic attacks.

Yes I have had a lot of stress in my life recently but although always lived as a highly strung person, these feeling are different and scaring the hell out of me.

Anyone ever felt this bad?? scared I may be having a nervous breakdown >:(

Wx 

toffeecushion

Re: Feeling wired with anxiety
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 06:08:18 AM »

I feel exactly the same.  I am constantly on edge, I never feel normal anymore.  I too am scared that I am heading for a breakdown, where will all this end.  At times I don't know how much more I can cope with.  It is a very scary time.

Hope you managed to get back off to sleep :)

TropicalVon69

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 07:09:35 AM »

Morning Warwick and Toffee cushion....I also feel wired , fuzzy headed and feel like I'm losing the plot....I feel like I'm floating about in a dream half the time abd cant think straight with some intrusive thoughts....so very scary...doc hasnt taken me seriously...have been on citalopram but not keen so doc gas given me venlafaxine to try,,,do you have anything which helps...I also yake vit b6, b12, vit D, magnesium, menopace, primrose oil and fish oil and still struggling.....hope you ladies are feeling better....just want this menopause stuff to go away xxx

toffeecushion

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2014, 07:22:13 AM »

Morning Warwick and Toffee cushion....I also feel wired , fuzzy headed and feel like I'm losing the plot....I feel like I'm floating about in a dream half the time abd cant think straight with some intrusive thoughts....so very scary...doc hasnt taken me seriously...have been on citalopram but not keen so doc gas given me venlafaxine to try,,,do you have anything which helps...I also yake vit b6, b12, vit D, magnesium, menopace, primrose oil and fish oil and still struggling.....hope you ladies are feeling better....just want this menopause stuff to go away xxx

That's like me.  I spend my day in a muzzy haze, like I am not really here most of the time. I have been like this in the past when I suffered badly with anxiety, but this feels different.  It's a different kind of anxiety.  My doctor doesn't really listen to me.  I have said that I believe it is menopause related (I am 48) but she doesn't think it is.  I don't want to be on anti depressants and am thinking of trying a more natural route with vitamins and herbs, but there is so much out there and I am finding it hard to get my head round it all.

TropicalVon69

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2014, 08:26:40 AM »

I wish docs would just listen to us...we've spent a lifetime in our bodies so surely know ourselves better than anyone else......My doc is the same Toffee.....sometimes quite honestly I just want it all to end...I have 2 girls and feel like a terrible mum right now as used to do loads with them and now often on the couch with a blanket either anxious or feeling spaced...nothing looks or feels the same anymore and I want normality back........I know how you feel....my doc mentioned the pill last visit so maybe try that....I was so scattered at appt that I wasnt really taking in what she was saying...the vits I take have been recommended to me but havent any experience with anything else...hope you find something that works for you...I am 44 by the way but mum had an early menopause too  :foryou:

nelliedee

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2014, 09:06:58 AM »

Can you do some daily walking Warwick01? as this would get rid of some of your adrenaline. Walking for 30 mins a day and relaxation built into your day will help you start to unwind. The most important thing is to remember that this will pass. Make sure you eat little and often to keep your sugar levels up. I hope you have some support xx

Kathleen

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2014, 10:21:12 AM »

Hello ladies.

I know how you all feel, I get the 'on edge' feeling a lot and it is very difficult to live with. Like many women I keep a diary of symptoms and last week I was feeling much brighter even optimistic. The quivery feeling in my abdomen had been replaced by a sensation of calm and my appetite increased. I told myself to enjoy it while it lasted. Sure enough I'm now back to the jitters and feeling tense.

I am using half a 75 mcg patch, so getting 37.5 mcg of oestrogen a day and using Utrogestan vaginally for 25 days a month. I am 58 and post meno.

Although this is all horrible and extremely annoying, my symptoms are much less than they were before I started HRT, confirming that this is all hormone related.

I wish I could be of more help ladies, I just wanted to let you know you are not alone in your suffering.

Take care everyone.

K.     

Millykin

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2014, 10:49:46 AM »

Hi
Ye been on that train too! Don't get me wrong I'm good just now anxiety at bay for the moment ( still can't go to supermarket for too long) when I go I feel ok then this surge of (how to explain) something is going to happen to me, feel my heart jump , pop, big open space feeling of not being able to function, fuzzy eyes can't take it all in, strange cause I also feel can't breath in small spaces! Have to have conversation in my head that I'm ok. Then when I'm home I'm fine, full of the chat and so laid back when others have problems and I advise them, supermarket thing started last year my husband took over shopping but I went yesterday with my daughter spur of the moment after her hospital appointment same thing halfway through but managed, he was so chuffed to get Friday night off bless him, sometimes I think I'm only 44 should be having great time now family are up, nope rather be home and safe.
X

babyjane

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2014, 03:15:11 PM »

Hi Millykin, I remember a time when I must have been post meno but didn't realise such a thing existed, I went to the supermarket and had an episode like you describe. I had to be taken out of the queue and sat down and brought some water. A member of staff phoned my husband who got a taxi to the supermarket to drive me and the shopping home. I felt such a fool, I'd completely forgotten about that incident.  It must have been what you have described. I still get overwhelmed in supermarkets and shopping centres so I don't go to them if I can help it. You lose your confidence I think.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2014, 03:40:54 PM »

I had panic attacks since age 3  :-\ …….. maybe due to parental stresses around me.  Have always needed to plan where I go and when but in the 1990s it got so bad that I was unable to leave the house ……  :'(

Eating regularly can ease any anxiety surges, I mean every 3 hours THROUGHOUT day and night.  Try to eat before you feel hungry too.

Millykin

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2014, 04:39:19 PM »

I've started eating small but regular for couple of months now and really feel better for it. If I let myself go hungry it's no good.
Babyjane it is horrible, sorry for bringing back memories
X

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2014, 05:28:12 PM »

Glad you find a different regime works for you Millykin - it certainly makes a difference to how I get through the day.

If something is really important to me then my anxiety rises and some medications can make people 'wired' - pacing, not sleeping, anxious, needing to walk …...

Millykin

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2014, 05:46:36 PM »

CLKD makes all the difference.
Babyjane meant to add about supermarket, that's what im scared of feeling foolish if something did happen although keep telling myself people would help if it was serious I know I would
X

Dyan

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2014, 07:02:01 PM »

Warwick01

Here is a link for 5 mins relaxation called moodzone.
www.nhs.uk/depression go into this and on the right there is a section that says:
"Free audio guides" under useful links.
Go to the one that says: " Anxiety control training"
Press on it and there will be a mans voice talking you through 5 mins of relaxation.

For a few days now I've been getting anxiety and have been doing this each day.
It is hard to start with to feel totally relaxed,but as the man says, it takes practice and it's only for a short while.
Just have a listen and see what you think.

Hope you can understand this.
Not good at explaining how to get to stuff :-\

:hug: Dyan X

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2014, 08:02:12 PM »

I find that exercise can help some people.  Remember, housework is exercise  ;) so 1 doesn't have to mix with people.  Relaxation therapy helped me for a while, when I could remember to do it that is  ::) ………. also I had the radio by the bed for years, tuned to gentle music in the night.  I would imagine I was ice-skating  ;) ………
Pages: [1] 2 3