Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: breathlessness and bleeding  (Read 3967 times)

Tracey123

breathlessness and bleeding
« on: February 02, 2015, 10:52:58 PM »

Hi all,
Although I have not taken anything for my above concerns and I am awaiting a doctors appointment, I have not been diagnosed with menopause as yet and have thought I might have fibroids due to two/three days of heavy bleeding then pinky discharge which can be on going until I have another heavy bleed. Just seems like I am on all the time. Then I get all emotional, can't be bothered with anything or anyone, achy boobs, forgetfulness and tingling (like pins and needles) in arm. I am also suffering with breathlessness which is really strange as I can be talking and I feel like I have just ran a marathon and I can't catch my breath.

Just want to hear other people's similar symptoms and to have reassurance that it won't last forever.....or will it!!  :(

cheekygal

Re: breathlessness and bleeding
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 11:35:36 PM »

Tracey, one of my friends gets breathlessness around her period, the nurse at her GP practice told her a colleague of hers was off work and  had been wrongly diagnosed with asthma, she was then told she was peri menopausal and breathlessness was a common symptom.  Like I said in my other post it really is hard to believe many of our symptoms can be hormone related. Hope this reassures you a bit.

CG x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 10:36:51 AM »

Tracey123 - welcome to MM
Sounds like very typical peri menopause symptoms.  Good to get things checked out at the doctors but do read up all the info on this site to get clued up.  DG x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 11:45:35 AM »

I suffered before my periods. I think it's a build up of fluids  :-\ ……. making it hard to draw a breath completely.  When the bleed began, symptoms went and I would forget until the next month  ::)

Tracey123

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 06:30:25 PM »

Hi thanks for all your comments, I just get a little scared at times thinking that it could be something more serious and then when I have good days I am the total opposite and think to my self "stop being stupid".

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2015, 07:01:35 PM »

We are so aware of our symptoms  ::) ……….