Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: itching driving me mad!  (Read 7431 times)

jess

itching driving me mad!
« on: November 07, 2014, 04:58:36 PM »

I know itching is a symptom but why? I haven't got dry skin, which is what I have read. Particularly when I go to bed - my feet/calves but can be anywhere. It's like an itch that you can't quite locate......I use a hairbrush! Anyone experience this?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: itching driving me mad!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 05:07:47 PM »

Yep.  Across my shoulders, down my back, buttocks: the worst is my insteps  ::) - OK during the day, as soon as my socks are off at night and in the bath - at night I often wake with one heel scratching the other instep  :D ….. apparently it's caused by a drop of oestrogen.  For years.  I was peri from about 2000 …….

Joyce

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 05:56:42 PM »

Can be anywhere & nearly always when I'm trying to get to sleep at night.

tabbycat3838

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 06:52:51 PM »

I always know when im finally gonna have a period because my scalp starts itching like hell..its kind of like having nits lol

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2014, 08:07:58 PM »

My wisdom teeth and after removal the sockets would ache before a bleed.  They would hurt so much I was unable to eat ……..  :-\ HORMONES  >:(

honeybun

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2014, 08:54:39 PM »

It's my back that itches. I go for ages and everything is fine and then it starts. I was forever asking family members to scratch my back. I used a hairbrush for ages and then hubby bought me a back scratcher. It's bliss.

I have not got a clue why it's happens but so annoying....Oh and itchy   ::)

I don't have dry skin on my back so there really is no reason why it should be like this but it would seem its another lovely meno symptom.

Honeyb
x

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2014, 10:59:55 PM »

My R cheek itches this evening, like a spider running up and down it.  I have a shoe horn which is long enough to reach the bits I can't and has a nice hook on the end  ;) …….. at least the itching is on the outside skin and not 'up there'  ;)

tawanda

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2014, 07:14:23 PM »

I have this symptom too. It runs along my lower back and up and down my upper arms. It usually starts about 8-9 pm, and gets worse through the night until about 5am,when I finally fall asleep,thoroughly exhausted. Between the itching and the night sweats, I absolutely dread the nightime.

tawanda

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2014, 07:19:43 PM »

I have this symptom too. It runs along my lower back and up and down my upper arms. It usually starts about 8-9 pm, and gets worse through the night until about 5am,when I finally fall asleep,thoroughly exhausted. Between the itching and the night sweats, I absolutely dread the nightime.

Js

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2014, 07:43:27 PM »

Hi ladies

Yes I have started the itchiness also it's unbearable my back, legs and hands were really bad last night you can scratch so ,much starts to bleed I have been told it is a drop of oestrogen and I have only had this  since  been of Hrt since July for a break I am going back on hrt patches evorel conti tonight can't stand the night sweats and itchiness anymore and if don't get my sleep I am not a happy bunny especially when I have to work I will see if it makes any difference I know I will have to wait for the hrt to work usually about 2 weeks as I am only going to put half a patch on to start with if I need more then I can increase it but I sympathise with all,of you

js

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2014, 07:47:35 PM »

I was scratching my insteps with the nails of my other foot last night !

ariadne

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2014, 07:55:52 PM »

Yes, I get this too and mostly at night. Its usually my lower legs or thighs, upper arms or wrists and there's never any redness or rash to explain it. No sooner have I scratched the itch than it starts again.

I have sometimes had to get out of bed and take an antihistamine tablet which seems to help.

Ariadne xx

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2014, 09:16:51 PM »

Yep I have done the same Ariadne  ::) - sleep well after too!

Joyce

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2014, 10:51:55 PM »

I'm clawing myself to bits tonight. Blooming flushes have a lot to answer for.

tawanda

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2014, 12:03:59 AM »

My district nurse recommended I use Aveeno cream for the itching, and I have to say it's pretty good.  It contains colloidal oatmeal which is a phytoestrogen! It's available on prescription too. My GP just wrote a script for a big bottle. I find it really soothing, and it's keeping my skin hydrated.
Pages: [1] 2