Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Peri meno ,immunity and ME like symptoms  (Read 3080 times)

tabbycat3838

Peri meno ,immunity and ME like symptoms
« on: November 07, 2014, 12:02:14 PM »

Just interested in whether anyone else in peri suffers from this stuff?..my immunity is terrible and get some virus or other atleast once a month...on the run up to period the muscle and joint aches are so bad ,epecially in knees ,arms and shoulders it feels like ive done a ten hour work out.the fatigue that goes with it all is crushing.
does anyone know which hormone tends to be responsible for symptoms like these?

TropicalVon69

Re: Peri meno ,immunity and ME like symptoms
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 12:57:50 PM »

No idea Tabbycat...thinking maybe progesterone causing fatigue but no sure

cal

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 01:40:21 PM »

Hi Tabbycat, Im suffering from all these also, the joint pain is awful fist thing in the morning until I have walked around a bit.

I have an under active thyroid and had my results for the annual check up today and my level had shot up from 2.7 to 14.9!! tiredness and joint pain is also associated with thyroid problems, have you had yours checked?

tabbycat3838

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 02:50:09 PM »

hi von thanks for replying (i hope you dont my lazy spelling of your name!)
yeah im thinking progesterone is the culprite too the more i read!

Cal hi :-) yeah ive had all the usual bog standard tests and all "normal" i knowthat often low thyroid wont showunless you have a free t3?is tjat right?i think alit of tjings arnt picked up untill you are actually on the floor ..
i have alot of things that make me feel suspicious about thyroid ,feeling like im being strangled ,weight problems,dry hair ,croaky voice episodic lows,anxiety and more recently of course the crashing fatigue.
What kinds of symptoms have you experienced cal?and does any of what ive mentioned resonate at all?hope you are feeling a bit better!

tabbycat3838

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2014, 02:56:49 PM »

just to add ,ive had most of these issuesand morefor years before i was told i was "probably " peri meno :-)

cal

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2014, 04:46:47 PM »

Hi Tabby,
IO have had an underactive thyroid for years, it was origionally picked up because I was having like these electric shock feelings in my brain it was really scary so I had brain scans and all sorts as they thought it may have been epilepsy but it also kind of felt like a shower had been turned on and the water was running over my brain 9sounds weird I know) so they checked my thyroid and that was the problem. I started on 50mg of thyroxine and that was fine for years and then last October my level 9I think TSH) had increased to around 7 or 8 so they increased my dosage.

My symptoms over the last 6 months have been  weepiness, anxiety, terrible aches and pains in my joints especially in the morning, and really bad fatugue and a kind of can't be bothered attitude, everything seems too much hastle.

Yes I have the tight feeling around my throat which comes and goes (around the thyroid gland) lately breathing problems, suffered with a croaky voice for years on and off

The latest symptoms from above I put down to perri and Im sure they are linked but I am now wondering if once my thyroid levels have come dowm again if a lot of them will dissapear !!

I never dreamed my thyroid was out I am so shocked after today, no wonder i feel on the floor, In feb it was 2.7 and now 14.9 it should be below 5 I think

Its  not a good time is it with all these problems, I thought it would be great when periods ended, little did I know !!! :o

tabbycat3838

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2014, 06:30:03 PM »

Ahhh poor you! That all sounds completely awful..i wonder what made your level go up like that ...do they have any idea?maybe all meno stuff too putting things out of whack..
sorry ,the first time i read your post where you said your level had gone up i thought that was a good thing! but the higher the level the worse things are !
That strangulated feeling is horrible i get it on and off too including today..
I can relate to pretty much most of the things youve talked about and ive read that the thyroid tests are completely unreliable and that loads of people are walking around underactive without knowing it .
I hope things get sorted for you soon

Nata

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2014, 03:00:38 AM »

Exactly... My throat is constantly irritated and my shoulder is very sore... I am worring myself crazy thinking of something terrible - not helping at all of course...
The thyroid test was normal in august but my FSH was 70... Maybe it is an under active thyroid after all regardless the test.

tabbycat3838

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2014, 09:59:19 AM »

Trouble is,we wont know unless they revise the test?ive heard that free t 3 is the more accurate indicator although im no thyroid expert lol but of course this is a more expensive test...sooooo