Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan, is this ok?  (Read 3600 times)

Chi chi

Utrogestan, is this ok?
« on: November 06, 2014, 08:32:19 AM »

i hadn't made up my mind wether to use Utrogestan orally or vaginally so on the first night I tried it vaginally, following day I was ok ( symptom wise) next night I took it orally to see if anything changed? I did seem to have a few dizzy spells?? does it make a difference if it's used like this?
Also does anyone else get really really bad lower backache with it?

Hurdity

Re: Utrogestan, is this ok?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 09:03:15 AM »

Hi Estelle

The thing is if you mix and match the way you take it in the same cycle you won't get a consistent dose - or it will be far more variable than taken the same way for the whole course of prog. It is fine if you've only done one day, but say you 4 days vaginally and then swapped to oral method - you would be likely to get less progesterone into your system because a lot is lost in digestion - so your levels could fall and trigger an early bleed.

In your case because you are on a low dose and because you may be progesterone intolerant I would use it vaginally - but it's a personal decision!

Never had backache with it.... try not to worry  :)

Hurdity x

Chi chi

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 09:22:07 AM »

Thanks Hurdity, I do plan to carry on using it vaginally, I wear acrylic nails, quite long and have to get hubby to insert it lol  :o ;D

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 12:15:25 PM »

Oo-er Estelle!!! Needs to be inserted as high up as you can get it  :o. Also just to add really that I don't think it would be good to have full sex after inserting the thing down/up there (this is the open forum section so choosing words carefully!) because I imagine the progesterone will get diluted and partly washed out after the act! It doesn't stick to the vaginal walls like Vagifem for example - it just sits around up there but I am sure is easily douched out!

Hurdity x

TropicalVon69

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 12:32:35 PM »

This made me laugh ladies  ;D...thanks for a bit of sunshine in my day :-)

Chi chi

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2014, 12:33:22 PM »

Ooh no there's none of that after  ;)  ;D

Cassie

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2014, 01:05:00 PM »

My poor hubby would need trauma counselling if I had to even suggest he insert my Utro.... ;D

SueRoe

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2014, 03:24:06 PM »

I would guess your hubby is keen that you don't get your nails cut...

Hurdity

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2014, 05:13:58 PM »

Ditto mine Cassie - he asks me "what are you putting up there tonight?" as I reach for my various supplies..

Hurdity x ;D

Cassie

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2014, 06:28:56 PM »

As someone once said on here or could have been when I was a member of the Daisy Network...its like a very busy highway on a Friday evening...so many meds getting shoved up....lucky I just use Utro..dont know if I could accommodate the Vagifem as well..... ;D