Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Perfume  (Read 10834 times)

holidaylover

Re: Perfume
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2014, 11:02:29 AM »

I bought  Daisy Dream this year at the airport but it's a bit too floral for me (quite light for daytime though and in a lovely bottle).  Ellie Saab is really nice and rates as one of my favourites along with Coco Madamoiselle.  When I wear either of these people often admire and ask what I'm wearing.

Joyce

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2014, 12:52:38 PM »

So many nice ones been mentioned on here.  L'Air Due Temps, Elizabeth Arden Green Tea, Blue Grass.

Never got on with Channel No 5, always brought on headache.

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2014, 01:29:17 PM »

My favourite is "flowers" by Kenzo, also like a lot of the Izzy Maike ones and the odd Dior....

Dyan

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2014, 10:51:19 AM »

I like channel coco mademaselle and Elizabeth Arden green tea scent spray.
A very fresh scent.

Rosebush

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2014, 01:38:33 PM »

Only perfume i have been able to wear for 10yrs without getting a headache, is Paris..so just stick with that..have tried various one's owned by friends on just my wrists and have to wash off after a few minutes.. :( x

Joyce

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2014, 02:38:20 PM »

I'd forgotten that one. YSL isn't it?

Hattie

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2014, 03:10:21 PM »

Have you made a decision what to try Bramble ?

I tried several samples in B**ts one time when i felt like a change - had squirted samples on the skin - came home smelling of allsorts ! but didn't buy anything.

Hattie X

bramble

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2014, 04:43:12 PM »

I've gone for Elie Saab. Bought the one with the tester so if I don't like it I can send it back. Must take a trip into Boots and try some more out. I just feel like a change...........
Bramble

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2014, 05:10:04 PM »

I remember stepping into Harrods as an 18 year old - into the perfume dept.!  AWFUL but fascinating.  Some perfumes of course vary on our skin dependant on hormone levels, what we have eaten, time of day, whether we smoke ……..

Most perfume base is musk ox oil  :o

Hattie

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2014, 06:06:35 PM »

If you can catch a musk ox it is the business to be in   ;)  - always remember my evening class book keeping teacher saying about the very high mark up on perfume - at the time - which was a few years ago now - she said 100%.

Hattie X

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2014, 06:10:33 PM »

Interesting subject though.  Think of Provence - lavender.  Think of Norfolk - lavender. 

honeybun

« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2014, 07:17:35 PM »

They don't spray it on you any more, it's on little stick thingys.

Many moons ago I was between jobs and landed one in The House of Frazer....same man owned Harrods at the time.

I was one of the annoying ones that chased people with a bottle of perfume.

It was just before I got married, the girls were great and taught me how to do wedding make up and gave me samples.

Got married on the Friday, honeymoon for a week and started a good job on the Monday.

Ok sorry off topic yet again.
 ;D ::)

Honeyb
x

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2014, 08:04:47 PM »

So long as it was only perfume Honeybun  ;D - is that how you 'caught' your DH  ;)

I have taken to spraying the bathroom with those perfumes I don't get on with ….. and I have one, name escapes me, I put that onto the bottom of my jeans - so that I don't get a headache.

honeybun

« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2014, 09:31:19 PM »

No I got him in a different way....I cooked his dinner for him for nearly a year.

The way to this man's heart was not with perfume but with food.   ;D

Honeyb
x

Joyce

« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2014, 09:50:52 PM »

Always food!  ;D

First Christmas after I met hubby, he bought me perfume. I wore it because he bought me it, but was never a favourite. Took a while for me to realise I was allergic to it, ended up with blisters. Was good excuse to buy something else.  ;)  Elizabeth Arden's Blue Grass.
Pages: 1 [2] 3