Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Rheumatologist  (Read 2665 times)

LizeeeH

Rheumatologist
« on: November 03, 2014, 04:43:40 PM »

So now they're sending me to see one of these........a year and a half and maybe I will get proper answers to all my joint pains! >:( >:(  I went to see the GP a year last august about joint pains, she said I was too old for menopause, Im 56 ??? then she said menopause does not cause joint pain ??? eventually had foot xray and its osteoarthritis....but what about the rest of my body :P went to the physio today, was there 5 mins when he said he would have to write to my GP cause he thinks I should see a rheumatologist! I just seem to be going round in bloody circles here >:( >:(
So has anyone else had to go see a rheumatologist and what happened????

Liz xxxx

Taz2

Re: Rheumatologist
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 04:52:31 PM »

I saw one a few years ago but only after blood tests showed inflammation. When I got to see him there was no longer any inflammation and I was then diagnosed with probably fibro (which it turned out to be) and referred to a neurologist due to unexplained symptom. The joint pains were put down to osteo (wear and tear) arthritis. I didn't think that I did have a rheumatological complaint as I didn't have any swelling or hotness around the joints but it was good to get the all clear I must admit.

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 05:36:04 PM »

Osteo-arthritis = wear and tear of the joints i.e. 'normal' ageing.  This will show on X-rays. 

A Rheumatologist will check for auto-immune conditions.  RA presents as heated swollen joints and can be eased by holidaying in a warm country and may be worse in cold weather.   If you take a list of symptoms with you …..

groundhog

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 10:26:02 PM »

I was referred to rheumatologist owing to body aches,  I wake every morning aching all over. I do have chrons disease and there can be a link.  I saw rheumy who did the usual bloods X-ray etc and to be honest nothing major showed up.  She prescribed anti inflams which I twke occasionally.  The thing is I wake up very very achey but by lunchtime it's much better.  No one has even mentioned meno related.
Good luck hope you get some answers xx

Suzyq

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2014, 07:03:31 PM »

I've just been referred for suspected psoriatic arthritis - another ailment to add to my list! Really wasn't expecting all of this just yet as only just turned 50 and very fit! Feeling very glum.... I have had x-rays and blood tests