Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Heart shrivelling  (Read 9639 times)

caz24

Re: Heart shrivelling
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2014, 03:13:43 PM »

Hi TropicalVon

I don't really have any great advice for you but reading your post made me feel so sorry for you. This anxiety is awful when it gets hold of you I know that much. The Christmas thing fills me with dread too and the anxiety makes me put things off but because I do that I feel even more anxious as the event or other events are going to happen anyway. Try not to worry about your teenage daughter, seeming withdrawn is part of the changes that they go through. I'm sure that you're a brilliant Mum but you're not Superwoman, you're human and you have your own changes to contend with.
I really hope that you get on well at the doctors this week but just try to deal with one day at a time for now and be easy on yourself. Lots of luck x

tabbycat3838

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2014, 04:57:27 PM »

Hi tropical von..
Just wanted to say ,im in a similar situation as you,As well as suffering with severe anxiety most of my life,my 22 yr old daughters dad is dead (drugs)my nearly 15 yr old son is going the same way..(alcohol and drugs)my daughter went off the rails during her teenage yrs and my son is going through very turbulent times especially as he is now waking up to the reality of his dads situation and is starting to realise that unfortunately he doesnt come much into the eqaution coz booze and drugs will always always come first . im doing everything i can to try and keep him on track..which is hard when life feels like some kind of hellish joke half the time lately lol..i havnt exactly been model parent ,but ive always kept my family togeather and loved my kids more than anything in the world and thankfully dispite all the ups and downs they absaloutely  know that .Im sure yours do too :-)
We do our best under sometimes ludicrously stressful and emotionally painful circumstances that i feel is not often recognised
Why can us women not pat ourselves on the back for all that we do and take on?instead of punishing ourselves for never being enough.No wonder we have panic attacks!
Am just posting in recognition to you and sending a hug your way x

tabbycat3838

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2014, 05:04:34 PM »

I have just realised that i think i have just  posted this to the wrong person on the wrong thread!!...now i know its really time to get myself sectioned ..ahh well ...sentiment is still there!...sorry!!x

TropicalVon69

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2014, 07:14:27 AM »

Thanks Carol for your reassurance and positivity and judt wish this meno would go away :o...not feeling in control of of your body and mind is hellish as I'm sure you all feel....TabbyCat, I feel heartfelt sympathy for you, I feel it's difficult to deal with the anger from these situations and the frustration and although you seem to have more on your plate than I do, the emotions are the still the same...wishing you strength, peace and love and hoping God will help us all through this hopefully short and confusing time  :foryou:

TropicalVon69

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2014, 07:22:24 AM »

Not atall Tabby, youre in the right place XXX

tabbycat3838

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2014, 10:13:47 PM »

aww thankyou ..im losing track of posts and threads trying to post on a 5 inch screen ..rediculas as theres a monitor downstairs but im too knackered to sit up straight to use it ;D . i think its all relative and subjective really..?everyones difficulties are personal to them ..im just feeling more defeated than usual by mine lately..i think ypu probably completely get that!i
wish you a safe and and as smooth a journey as possible with as little nasty anxiety as possible..i wonder if you have heard of EFT ?i find it amazing for anxiety..might be worth a look up if you havnt already x

TropicalVon69

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2014, 06:58:42 AM »

Thanks Tabbycat...no sure where I'd find a practitioner though XXX

tabbycat3838

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2014, 08:16:28 AM »

Well the brilliant thing is ,you dont need one von :-)
for some reason im unable to copy and paste a link to you here but if you type in www.emofree.com it will take you to the founders web site and you can have a read..there is also tons of stuff on you tube that can show you the basics.
This isnt bunkum or anything,therapist use it on war veterans for PTSD and it works .ive managed to get rid of minor pain,anxiety etc  and am always blown away by the results.
Very much worth looking into atleast ;-) x

tabbycat3838

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2014, 08:24:22 AM »

ps ,dont take any notice of anything that includes buying anything from anywhere on anyone lol you just need to learn the basic concept which is and should always be free and off ya go :-) x

TropicalVon69

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2014, 02:02:27 PM »

Thanks so much Tabbycat...totally befuddled today but will have a look when feeling better XXX

karin

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2014, 06:52:16 PM »

I dont know if this helps but i took hrt for 3 months- for sweats not anxiety, becUse of a hair loss issue i decided against  hrt, but what i did notice was that whilst on it, I slept like a baby and my mind would just switch off and that my heart didnt pound and i didnt feel anxious- if my hair had stayed on my head I would have carried on!!

TropicalVon69

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2014, 08:09:23 AM »

Thats interesting Karin........and such a shame you had this side effect.....hope you find something to help...will see doc today and hoping for some positive outcome ....hope youre all having a good day ladies...yesterday was a nightmare for me...daughters birthday and party and felt deranged all day lol...maybe the full moon!!!!

caz24

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2014, 10:59:51 AM »

Children's parties are enough to make anyone feel deranged at the best of times  ;D
I'm feeling anxious today thanks to teenage daughter and work. I told you teenage girls can be difficult. It makes me feel better chatting on here though and I know that it will pass.
Good luck at the doctors today, let us know how you get on x

TropicalVon69

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2014, 11:35:38 AM »

Feeling your teenage pains Carol  lol...my 17 year old daughter went to Edinburgh abd stayed in a hotel with friend for the first time  last night, though she text this am to say she was ok.....thanks...no joy at docs really.....not willing to give me hormones as periods are regular but gave me venlafaxine/Effexor instead but terrified they will make me worse to be honest...hope your anxiety is better X

caz24

« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2014, 12:10:20 PM »

At least your daughter did text. It's hard to let them go and get on but we have to don't we? My daughter is 18 and think that she knows everything, she's always been like that. I love her with all my heart but she is very testing!
Sorry to hear about the docs. I don't know anything about what you've been prescribed so can't help you with that. Maybe someone on here has some experience they can share with you? I don't take HRT myself but I know that there are some women on here who take it and are still having periods so don't be fobbed off, you shouldn't have to put up with feeling like you do. Hope your day gets better x
Pages: 1 [2] 3