Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Starflower results so far  (Read 32931 times)

Winterose

Re: Starflower results so far
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2014, 09:44:21 AM »

Silver lady

which ones are PA free?

peegeetip

« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2014, 10:22:32 AM »

Hi wanderersmelody

surely the tummy pains and bloated feeling could be due to other problems other than the hrt?

Certain foods will set me off, not my HRT.
Not that I'd want to put anyone off their breakfast, lunch or dinner.

I've heard recently that some people can develop problems with lactose and gluten later in life.
I don't think I'm that bad but certainly types of foods and over doing it food wise can set me off.
The worst one for me is if I don't drink enough liquids then I get a slow down effect and painful tummy sometimes (enough said)  :P

Sorry if your feeling terrible but might be better trying to see if there is something else wrong "tummy" wise that needs looked at by your doc.

Don't start changing too much at once, possibly the doc can give your something to ease or soften things to start with and that might ease your pain and bloated feeling.

:-*
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 10:25:11 AM by peegeetip »

Rowan

« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2014, 11:34:53 AM »

Source Naturals Mega-Gla 300 Borage Seed Oil amazon uk

Nature's Best

Any product that is UK tested, or certified organic, you get those in large sachet packets on amazon.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 11:39:04 AM by silverlady »

peegeetip

« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2014, 12:07:06 PM »

Sorry silverlady but the one you posted was the one I mentioned that I had looked at details already.

No mention of PA free on label and one of the reviews also states this.

:-*

karin

« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2014, 03:32:18 PM »

Another 2 weeks have passed and still not a single sweat, flush or emotionsl outburst!! How are other starflower ladies doing?

westie

« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2014, 07:15:05 PM »

Same here Karin - been taking it for a couple of months now and feel so much better. Hot flushes, tender boobs, mood swings all hugely improved. In fact can't remember last time I had a hot flush!

Long may it continue.

W x

Lizzy V

« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2014, 03:34:09 PM »

I decided to go back on the starflower eeven though I'm back on hrt because the flushes were still stopping me sleep though definitely not as bad. Not getting any flushes in the day and only the odd one at night  :) Going to keep on with it! I'm taking a higher dose as mention in this thread so then I can cut down later and see how it goes.
Glad to hear your still doing well Karin and Westie

Petra

« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2015, 05:47:52 AM »

I was wondering if taking the oil while on HRT is ok. Seems like it is from what people have said here, and the studies etc. I've been on 1mg of estradiol for 2 weeks now. It almost immediately reduced the frequency and intensity of the night sweats that were giving me awful insomnia so now I'm sleeping a whole lot better. But there hasn't been a change since then...(so still 2-3 sweats that wake me up) and maybe it's greedy to expect even more improvement?

karin

« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2015, 05:39:57 PM »

Hi
I think you can take it while on hrt, there might be ladies on the site that do this, who will be able to say if they get additional benefit?
Assume you are taking a few measures like an evian spray by your bed, maybe a cool pillow- think they are called chillows?? Thin bedding etc ? Every little helps!

Hurdity

« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2015, 08:48:49 PM »

Hi - re taking HRT and starflower oil: starflower oil has nothing to do with HRT biologically. It is not a hormone or a drug, but a health food supplement - simply borage seed oil containing high doses of fatty acids (GLA) and may have health benefits eg as an anti-inflammatory.

So absolutely - if you want to take it then no problems with mixing them.

I did take it for a few months (along with HRT) from recommendations on here but it did absolutely nothing for me!

Hurdity x

Melbury

« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2015, 09:00:02 PM »

Can't seem to find the Floresse starflower capsules any more - have they stopped making them?

karin

« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2015, 09:47:35 PM »

Holland and barrett do them

Melbury

« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2015, 07:44:33 PM »

Holland and barrett do them

Thank you, I will try there. 

Would be nice if my boobs would go down a few cup sizes, I can't understand why so many young women want implants ???

Meeka

« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2015, 04:39:25 PM »

Ive been taking Boots starflower oil capsules 1000mg for about 2 months.  I had no expectations, just thought I would try them.   A surprising benefit has been vastly reduced headaches.  Since starting HRT about 2 years ago I had been experiencing a lot of headaches, with the starflower oil they are much improved.  Cant think its placebo because I had no thought that they would reduce my headaches. 

FlorayG

« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2015, 02:34:46 PM »

Well I ran out of them a few days before Xmas and what with everything going on I forgot to buy more. By Boxing Day I was back to 4-5 flushes a night lasting about 30 minutes each and getting no decent sleep at all (saving me a fortune on heating bills tho  ;))
Got some more capsules Monday after Xmas and within a few days back to a couple of flushes a night lasting about 2-3 minutes and no trouble sleeping. It's DEFINITELY the starflower oil doing this for me. I'm taking 2,000mg a day and they are the H&B ones.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4