Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Bit itchy downstairs - don't think it's thrush?  (Read 3329 times)

oldsheep

Bit itchy downstairs - don't think it's thrush?
« on: November 01, 2014, 10:46:40 AM »

went to the dentist yesterday for a fairly unpleasant 40 mins and when I got back, I had a bit of sudden vaginal discharge. I thought odd, then forgot about it. Thought maybe I got stressed having my mouth poked at, as I have TMJ which made it trickier.
Then got up at 5.30am as was itchy, and used some yoghurt which soothed a bit. There is no discharge now.
The irritation is minor.
I did use a new shower gel yesterday, but not on my 'bits' but suppose some of the soap could've reached 'em in the shower.
I also went swimming (which I want to do again today or tomorrow) but have largely got chlorine irritation under control by using generous blobs of vaseline.
Vagifem every other night as have I.C. or that ilk.

any suggestions please? I know there is one pessary I can't use but not sure if canesten or not, and am reluctant to use without a thrush diagnosis. I presume with thrush you do get significant discharge (I did when young)?

Limpy

Re: Bit itchy downstairs - don't think it's thrush?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 11:57:27 AM »

Oldsheep - I have had occasions when I've had thrush with just a bit of discharge not a massive amount.
The GP diagnosed it.

Like you, I had assumed it wasn't thrush given there wasn't a lot of discharge.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 03:30:27 PM »

I suspect the new shower gel.  Keep using the LIVE yoghurt on your personal places, as well as eating plenty as this will help balance the gut bacteria: Vaseline if you go swimming which I know is important to you - make sure that the chlorine isn't aggravating down there  ;).

oldsheep

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 06:22:02 PM »

(Touches all fake ikea wood in the flat) - seems to have settled. Think it was the shower gel. I plan to stick to the usual one. Old "bits" don't like change!

babyjane

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 06:44:54 PM »

since menopause I have not been able to use anything but aqueous cream on my upper body down to my thighs as it all runs down over the sensitive 'bits' and makes them sore.  I use my Simple moisturising shower gel on my legs and feet though as they can be rough and dry.