Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Anyone have a fast heartbeat  (Read 6998 times)

countrybumpkin

Re: Anyone have a fast heartbeat
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2014, 10:36:07 AM »

my bowels are my barometer for my thyroid levels. If I am under medicated I get constipated and cold and feel stodgy, if I am over medicated I get loose bowels, sweaty and jittery and lose weight.

I have had my brand of thyroxine changed recently to a generic as the brand I was on is no longer available. My dose has had to be lowered as my endo explained different brands are absorbed differently and the change made my TSH drop alarmingly to 0.18 giving me thyrotoxic symptoms. That was 8 weeks ago and only this week I feel as though I am levelling out and feel less racy and out of control.

I feel at my best when my TSH is between 1 and 2 and my Free T4 is around 12-15 and T3 between 4 and 5. I maintained this for years and I had forgotten how horrible it is when the levels are wrong.

Thanks for that really interesting.  I always keep a close eye on which generic brand I have been given and it hasn't changed for past few years and if it does  I will get my levels tested after a few weeks. 
What is interesting is that it was only 4 weeks since I had had it tested when they did it again and the difference in my results even though my dose was same.  I went from tsh of 1.7 to 3.4 and free T4 from 14 to 11. 
I wish we could test our own levels like my husband can for his diabetes and adjust our dosage accordingly!

babyjane

Re: Anyone have a fast heartbeat
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2014, 11:43:30 AM »

hi countrybumpkin.  You could still be producing some of your own thyroxine, just not enough.  that could account for the different readings, a bit like oestrogen ups and downs in peri menopause.

I have Hashimoto's autoimmune thyroiditis and I don't make any of my own so my levels were stable until they changed my brand.  Still struggling but it will come right eventually I just have to be patient and roll with the punches BJ xx
Pages: 1 [2]