Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: FemSeven Conti - Tummy pains?  (Read 2606 times)

wanderersmelody

• First Flush
FemSeven Conti - Tummy pains?
« on: November 26, 2014, 05:24:32 PM »

I'm 9 weeks post sub-total keyhole hysterectomy due to ovarian cysts and stage 3 endometriosis. The op and recovery went brilliantly and I felt amazin. I went on to FemSeven Conti 50mg patches as am 46 years old and went straight into surgical menopause and will be into my 4th week tomorrow however, I've started getting really uncomfortable tummy pains and am so bloated. Has anyone else experienced these tummy pains? I am not sure if its the patches or just a side effect of the hysterectomy (which would surprise me as I have been really good and rested up).

I've seen other posts where people bloat on the HRT patches. Has anyone any other recommendations on HRT patches or have experienced this bloating?

:-\

Hurdity

Re: FemSeven Conti - Tummy pains?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 08:12:21 PM »

Hi wanderersmelody

I can't comment on the hysterectomy and what happens but I would have thought 9 weeks is a very short time since your op and if it were me I would get the tummy pains and bloating checked out with the doc just to be on the safe side.

Having said that, some progestogens do cause water retention and bloating so this could also be the reason, and especially as you are having to take it all the time due to endometriosis.

Hopefully the bloating will settle but I would still check it out.

Hurdity x