Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: update  (Read 3277 times)

edwina hughes

update
« on: October 27, 2014, 05:38:57 PM »

Hi lady's I thought I would update you on my current medical situation ,I finally had my consultation with a female meno consultant in Colchester.The Dr was very nice and took a full and detailed history ,she agreed that the coil was a good idea .iI have had it for almost 2m .she  has increased my hrt to 100mgs from elest solo 80mcg to everol 100mcgs and I have to use vagifem every night for 6 weeks .
the Burning seams a little better but its only 10 days into this .
I am having bleeding all the time (i have been since June) .
I am now experiencing low mood ,tearful, terrible nausea almost like morning sickness .
I had this before with a dose increase but this seams much worse this makes me so anxious so is this my hormones breaking through or meds or  just anxiety that is really starting to take hold.?
I feel so alone in it all so fed up of feeling ill .any advice would be helpful.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: update
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 05:57:14 PM »

Hormones can cause intense nausea, mood swings etc..  I would ring the Consultant and ask if this is within normal limits.  I can cope with anything except nausea  :-\

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 06:34:54 PM »

So sorry to hear you are feeling rough edwina.

Your feelings could be due to the increase in oestrogen - there are often side effects initially until your body gets used to the new level but this should settle.

Also it may be that you do not react well to the progestogen in the Mirena coil. Although some women love it, others do find the progestogen gives them side effects such as headaches, anxiety or low mood amongst other things.

The bleeding is also supposed to sttle with the Mirena but this can take up to 6-9 months I understand. As you say also your own cycle might be breaking through as well, in the early stages of the coil.

For your own peace of mind do talk to your consultant about this if you can, if only for re-assurance and if the symptoms are unbearable then maybe this regime does not suit you?

Hurdity x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 11:18:10 AM »

Hi edwina
The Mirena is often the best way to control bleeding but it can take around 6 months and sometimes more (as Hurdity says) to calm everything down.
I have this horrible burning urethra and thought local oestrogen from the String seems to help I still get some nasty episodes, especially if I've been in a hot environment and or sitting down having been very hot doing gardening etc.

Speaking as a lay person, I personally feel too much oestrogen can be an issue but maybe this will settle.  I found I felt unwell if I increased my oestrogen too much but we're all different.  I did find I felt quite sedated for the first few months with the Mirena - I suspect one gets a boost of progesterone initially which then settles down as well.
DG x